Who Won the Week — 8/15/2021

The idea behind Who Won the Week is to give you the opportunity to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

My pick for who won the week this week is ice cream.

Yes, ice cream. As many of you know, I indulge in a bowl of ice cream almost every night. And I recently read an article that said that there’s never been a better time to eat ice cream.

By providing stay-at-home comfort during the pandemic, the $7 billion ice cream industry increased by 17% in 2020. That year, ice cream makers in the U.S. churned out just over 1 billion gallons of ice cream, up 6% from 2019.

And in the first five months of 2021, hard ice cream production ran 4% ahead of 2020 levels. From March through May of this year, sales of frozen novelties like fudgesicles and ice cream bars were running 24% ahead of the same period in 2019.

So shout it out with me, folks…

I scream
You scream
We all scream
For ice cream!

What about you? Who (or what) do you think won the week?

16 thoughts on “Who Won the Week — 8/15/2021

1. lssattitudeofgratitude August 15, 2021 / 10:59 am

I was having a bowl of ice cream on a nightly basis. It was good for stress relief and wonderful on my taste buds. Sadly, my hips and derriere were the worse for the new habit. Quitting cold turkey has been hard.

2. Marilyn Armstrong August 15, 2021 / 12:16 pm

I like ice cream, but not a LOT of ice cream. Whenever I open a container, it always goes icy because I’m half done with it. But I have some in the freezer now. I wonder if it is edible?

3. Nope, Not Pam August 15, 2021 / 1:07 pm

Ice creams always a winner. I made lime and vanilla this week 😁

4. Marleen August 15, 2021 / 6:10 pm

Mister Bump,

I’ve said, a few times over the years to family and friends and fellow bloggers, that I would’ve been a better president than George W. Bush. I was more educated (for starters, a war in Afghanistan was bound to fail).

5. Marleen August 15, 2021 / 6:12 pm

Ice cream as an answer is a fun one. I think I’ll have some along with chocolate cookies.

6. leigha66 August 31, 2021 / 1:50 pm

Ice cream, sherbet, frozen custard, frozen yogurt, gelato… what ever you prefer cold, there is nothing better in the summer time and it is pretty darn good in the winter too!