Share Your World — 8/9/22

It’s time for another edition of Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. Today’s questions are:

Restrictions are being lifted all over the world. Do you feel it’s safe to go out and mingle in crowds in light of the Pandemic?

With the surge in new COVID-19 cases due to the delta variant and other mutations, along with the refusal of certain segments of our population to get vaccinated, to wear face masks, and to maintain social distancing, my answer is a resounding NO.

What are some things that are okay to do occasionally, but definitely not okay to do every day?

Consume a cannabis-infused edible. Certainly not every day but maybe once a month. My favorites are Mellows.

Would you relocate for love (romantic or otherwise)?

No, not for love alone. But I did relocate for a job and my wife relocated with me. I assume she did that for love.

Do you believe in any conspiracy theories (no judgment)?

The only conspiracy theory I believe is that all those who promote conspiracy theories are actually aliens from another world whose job it is to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) into our civilization.

34 thoughts on “Share Your World — 8/9/22

1. Mister Bump UK August 9, 2021 / 11:42 am

Interesting that first question.
    If you don’t feel safe now, when will you seel safe?
    Do you ever see a day when there is no COVID, when vaccines beat the variants? Because all the evidence so far shows that isn’t the case.
    So, are you not effectively committing yourself to not mixing, ever?

• Fandango August 9, 2021 / 12:48 pm

First of all, if more people got vaccinated, wore face masks, and maintained social distancing, I think that eventually, like measles, polio, etc., COVID-19 MIGHT be defeated. But until then, I am willing to limit myself to mixing only with family and close friends. And even then, I will mask up and be prudent. Honestly, Pete, I’m well beyond the age where being a social butterfly is important to me.

• Mister Bump UK August 9, 2021 / 1:27 pm

It’s just that I had to make the same call and what I basically got down to was that whatever my call, the decision was permanent. Because I reckon covid is probably here to stay.
        Like you, I am being prudent, but I’m not willing to go to the extreme and say I’m never going out again. And I think that’s what this boils down to.

• Marilyn Armstrong August 9, 2021 / 3:35 pm

I suspect that most of us, especially those of us at an age and/or stage where we are very vulnerable, are being careful. Not locking ourselves indoors and never going out, but if there’s a crowd, I’ll avoid it. To be fair, I hate crowds and avoid them anyway, so it’s not much of a stretch.

• Mister Bump UK August 9, 2021 / 10:11 pm

That’s where being prudent comes in. But for me it means taking calculated risks.
            I’m reasonably happy from the data that although the vaccine might not prevent Corona, it should not at least be fatal. I mean, it’s all probabilities, nothing is certain, but I’m happy with my odds.

I am picking up a definite difference between me (I am happy that I am vaccinated) and other people (who are unhappy that everyone else *isn’t* vaccinated), and that definitely seems to be a generational thing.

• Fandango August 9, 2021 / 10:57 pm

I am one who is unhappy that everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated and who doesn’t have LEGITIMATE medical reasons to not get vaccinated has chosen to put themselves above the health and welfare of others and not get vaccinated.

• Mister Bump UK August 9, 2021 / 11:24 pm

But you must appreciate that asking people to inject this unknown substance into their body is a big ask?
              Don’t forget, the risk for most people here is that they catch it, they feel shitty for a few days, then they jump back into life. It’s only really as we get older that the risks become greater. Speaking generally.
              But if I were 20,, I might just take my chances with it. It would depend who I mixed with, I guess. I think I wouldn’t want to put anyone else at risk but I’d accept risks with my own health.

• Marleen August 10, 2021 / 2:16 am

The vaccine companies (or some of them) are now upping their prices for doses of vaccine. Thanks 🥺, mother-fucking Bill Gates and those who think like him (it’s always about the money and power… and maybe that’s all it ever was).

• Marleen August 10, 2021 / 3:15 am

Revised Covid-19 vaccine prices likely by the fall in the US but premium pricing possibility debatable

By Reynald Castaneda
              28 Apr 2021

Companies with authorised [remembering these are not “approved” but under “emergency” authorization like (?sp)hydroxychloroquin(sp?) was] Covid-19 vaccines in the US are likely to launch renegotiated prices as soon as the fall…

………. and the perception of being out of the pandemic could bolster arguments for higher prices.

……….

{If the companies would be arguing for higher prices, who would benefit from the mixed messaging — which is dividing our country — that the pandemic or danger is over and not over? I’d say the “scientists” with the most to gain; vaccine sellers (and their investors on Wall Street and donation recipients in congress and so forth).}

2. Nope, Not Pam August 9, 2021 / 12:55 pm

I’ve never heard of cannabis infused marshmallows 😊

• Marilyn Armstrong August 9, 2021 / 3:38 pm

We have a bunch of professional places and they seem to mostly stock either some kind of hard candy, pre-rolled joints, and various kind of chocolate. We also met a lady who bakes stuff at home. I don’t know what she bakes. I don’t think she even has a menu, but the few things I tasted were really delicious. When we were growing, i was doing my own baking, but we didn’t grow this year. It rained all the time and I wasn’t going to put out that much money for electricity. Ginger snaps were my baking favorite.

• Fandango August 9, 2021 / 8:46 pm

I believe there are conspiracies. I just don’t believe the “popular” ones of the day.

• Marleen August 9, 2021 / 9:35 pm

You know what one I am perplexed by right now? Upstanding (an non-Republican or both right and left leaning establishment type) people have been giving credence to space aliens being something governmental people have encountered and just don’t tell us about. I don’t believe this, and I don’t know why they’re playing around with encouraging the public to believe it or entertain the idea. (That, in itself, seems like a conspiracy — like they want to dumb some people down further.)

• Fandango August 9, 2021 / 10:06 pm

I do believe that, in the vastness of the universe, there is likely intelligent life somewhere else, but I also think that, BECAUSE of the vastness of the universe, it is highly unlikely that we’ll ever encounter them. Nor they us.

• Marleen August 10, 2021 / 2:33 am

That makes sense to me as a possibility. Plus, how likely would it be that aliens (of whatever form as we can’t know) come to earth and are completely hidden from all except some cadre who completely keep it secret? It seems different, to me, from usual unethical or criminal conspiracies; the complete hiddenness (or gaslit messaging) of it would be less possible.

3. Melanie B Cee August 11, 2021 / 8:23 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World. What great answers! You give your opinions in such thoughtful ways that I’m consistently learning something new and seeing it in a new way! Thank you! The brain is a terrible thing to waste and education (IMO) keeps the thing running smoothly! My hubby made hash brownies a time or two, and based on my reaction to them, I’ll pass on the cannabis infusion cooking stuff (not that I know of a medical marijuana shop in Utah anywhere). If things get more expensive or the pain level increases dramatically, maybe I’ll have to look into candy though, doesn’t MJ help with glaucoma as well? Hmmmm Have a great week! 🙂

• Fandango August 11, 2021 / 10:31 am

I’ve heard that marijuana helps with glaucoma, but that may just be an urban myth.

4. amoralegria August 13, 2021 / 9:16 am

I do not understand why there are people who are more scared of getting the vaccine than Covid itself! The harm from Covid has been broadcast for months, for all to see. These people are ignorant and prone to belief in conspiracy theories!

• Fandango August 13, 2021 / 9:25 am

I fully agree with you. These are the same people who believe Trump’s Big Lie.

5. Carol anne August 14, 2021 / 2:16 pm

I loved your answer to number 4. I don’t believe in conspiracty theories either!

6. leigha66 August 22, 2021 / 11:39 pm

Even with a mask I about went into a panic attack today shopping for a few groceries. The place was PACKED and I felt surrounded by potential germs.