Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. Stretching from the Bering Strait, to the Strait of Magellan, what does the Continental Divide actually divide?
The Democrats and the Republicans.
2. What was the name of Denali before 2015?
3. What was Sir Edmund Hillary’s claim to fame?
He married Dame Hillary Edmunds.
4. What happened to Mt. St. Helens in 1980?
That was the year Mt. Helens was sainted by the Catholic Church.
5. What is significant about Kilauea?
It was the most devastating monsoon ever to hit the Big Island of Hawaii.
6. When was the last time Mt. Fuji erupted?
When it was informed that Mt. Kilimanjaro was taller.
7. What, besides Switzerland, comes between France and Italy?
A dispute over which country has the best cyclists.
8. What famous rock does Prudential Financial use as its logo?
The Rock of Ages.
9. What is arguably the most prominent feature of Yosemite National Park?
10. In the sci-fi classic, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, what did Roy Neary (played by Richard Dreyfus) make a sculpture of out of mashed potatoes?
A giant-sized Mister Potato Head.