The Hook-up

“Did you hear that juicy bit of gossip about Bethany?” Carla asked her BFF Andrea. “Bethany has been a very naughty girl.”

“Jeez, Carla,” Andrea said, “have you no filter? I’m not interested in hearing your gossip, juicy or otherwise, about your cousin. She’s your family and it’s just not right to dis a member of your own family.”

Well, that’s just it,” Carla said. “You know that her mom, my Aunt Rose, remarried last year and Bethany absolutely hates her stepfather. But she was crushing the guy’s hunky son.”

“Uh oh,” Andrea said. “That’s trouble.”

“So Bethany told her mom about her crush and her mom got really pissed and told her that her stepbrother was absolutely off the menu and that Bethany need to pare back her teenage lust.”

“Good motherly advice,” Andrea said.

“Yeah, well you know Bethany,” Carla said. “Tell her something or someone is off limits and she covets it or them even more.”

“So are you telling me….”

“That’s what I’m trying to tell you, girl,” Carla said, a sly grin on her face. “About four months back our dear, sweet Bethany finally started hooking up with her new stepbrother.”

“Wow.”

“And the the latest rumor going around is that our little Bethany is preggers,” Carla said.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (juicy), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (naughty), Ragtag Daily Prompt (filter), The Daily Spur (menu), and Your Daily Word Prompt (pare).

9 thoughts on “The Hook-up

1. Marleen August 2, 2021 / 6:15 pm

I guess I’m up for being called into jury duty again, soon. Last time, it wasn’t becoming clear that the topic was a stepbrother and stepsister. Szhsh… I’m glad I got to leave.

• Marleen August 2, 2021 / 7:10 pm

Correction, again (on was being automatically changed): … it was becoming …

2. newepicauthor August 2, 2021 / 6:24 pm

That would make the baby a niece or nephew as well as being the daughter or son of its parents, talk about a mixed up kid.

3. Nope, Not Pam August 2, 2021 / 8:40 pm

You have got that down pat 😊

4. abigfatcanofworms August 3, 2021 / 12:01 am

Guess a bit of juicy Goss wasn’t so unwelcome after all. Blended families must be complicated. So many relatively new social norms we still haven’t really figured out how to navigate.

5. Terveen Gill August 3, 2021 / 6:40 am

There’s no end to juicy gossip. I loved the tone of this story. So authentic. 🙂