SoCS — Last Photo

For this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt from Linda G. Hill, we are asked to take the last photo we snapped and to think about the first word that comes to mind when we look at it. And that word is our prompt for today.

Alrighty then. Here’s the last photo I took, which I took in my backyard yesterday morning.

It’s a plant in my backyard with purple flowers. I might have used the word “backyard” or “purple” or “flowers.” But the word I chose was “bees.” Why bees? Well, the reason I took this picture was because there were bees flying around the plant. Can you see any of them? No? Well maybe this will help.

Can you see them now? Not yet? Okay, how about now?

See? Bees? There were about a half a dozen bees around this one plant, but by the time I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket, got close to the plant, and snapped this photo, most of them had flitted off to neighboring plants.

Anyway, Bees. That was the first word I thought about when I looked at this photo. Bees doing whatever bees do when they are investigating the purple blossoms on a flowering plant in my backyard.

What was the first word you thought about when you saw this picture?

27 thoughts on “SoCS — Last Photo

1. bikerchick57 July 31, 2021 / 6:41 am

I’m not sure what the flower is but the words I thought of are lavender and russian sage, both of which are purple and favorites of mine. They are the bee’s bomb!

2. Misky July 31, 2021 / 8:19 am

I’m glad to see more bees (and other pollinators) in my garden than last year. Your lavender looks lush.

• Marleen July 31, 2021 / 12:09 pm

I was excited to see bees (poor bees), but my first thoughts, actually, with the non-highlighted picture was along the lines of refined rustic. 🐝 🐝 🐝

• Marleen July 31, 2021 / 12:13 pm

… thought… refined-rustic.

• Marleen August 13, 2021 / 7:13 pm

It’s nice when memory includes a smell like lavender!

3. M. Oniker July 31, 2021 / 5:08 pm

Lavender, and when you said “bees” I thought “lavender honey” which is yum.

• Marleen August 13, 2021 / 7:14 pm

That sounds yum. I’ll look for some.

4. JoAnna July 31, 2021 / 6:34 pm

The blossoms are beautiful. Thank you for giving the bees a happy place to be.

5. bushboy July 31, 2021 / 10:24 pm

I went with Lavender and then purple and then bloody hell, someone has pinched “my” idea for a prompt and at the end of the month as well….oh well I guess there might be a few double ups this month

• Fandango July 31, 2021 / 10:32 pm

Yeah, I thought about that when I saw Linda’s prompt. But she didn’t ask for the last photo in the month, just the last photo we took before responding to her prompt. Lucky for you, I took one after that and reserved it specifically for your prompt! Yay!