Truthful Tuesday — Simulation

Frank, aka PCGuy, has published another one of his Truthful Tuesday posts, and this week Frank points out that it has been theorized that we are actually living in a computer simulation, and that nothing we experience is real. Hence, he wants to know…

Do you believe that this is a legitimate theory, or is it just a bunch of nonsense that has been foisted onto the scientific community by the “tin-foil hat brigade” due to the less-than-absolute repudiation, and borderline credence given to it by a few well-known and well-respected individuals within the scientific community? Would solid proof of this being true or false change how you lived your life?

I’m a fan of science fiction, but this theory that we are living in some sort of computer simulation that was set up and is being directed by a God-like, Wizard of Oz-like being, or that we are players in a SimCity or Matrix-like simulation and being manipulated by some super-intelligent, advanced alien creatures is, to me, ludicrous.

So, to answer Frank’s question, no, I don’t believe in this cockamamie computer simulation theory. And since there has yet been no definitive proof that even God exists, I don’t think there will ever be solid proof of a “life is a computer simulation” theory. So I’m not going to give it another second’s thought.

13 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Simulation

1. Sadje July 20, 2021 / 10:26 am

You don’t believe that we are existing in the matrix!!!! 😱😭

2. Melanie B Cee July 20, 2021 / 10:34 am

I wondered what your response would be. Most interesting to read, but I expected nothing less either.

3. Taswegian1957 July 21, 2021 / 3:30 am

Nope. I don’t believe it the same as I don’t believe the earth is flat, the moon landing never happened and someone made up the Holocaust.

4. Marleen July 21, 2021 / 11:59 pm

It’s interesting that you don’t believe it’s what is happening because there’s no god. I’ve not believed it because there is a God, and reality. I can see what you mean, though. Meanwhile, I do think it’s possible humanity could move toward living more like in The Matrix. It’s highly undesirable, but I think about the stuff being invented and the fact the richest people want to take over everything.

• Fandango July 22, 2021 / 7:22 am

Let’s hope that the Matrix remains science fiction.

• Marleen July 22, 2021 / 10:09 am

Lament. Righties like to
        go on like sickos about
        red-pilling — but are
        against waking up.
        They’re like Zero.

5. leigha66 August 1, 2021 / 1:03 pm

Reminds me of the Xanth book series where the Gods are playing a game. Very hard to believe but it makes a good story.