MLMM Photo Challenge — Clouds in the Shower

“I don’t feel a thing,” Alyse said. “I thought you said this was the good stuff.”

Michael gave Alyse a questioning look. “Seriously, you don’t feel anything yet? I’m totally wasted.”

“Well maybe I’m just not in the mood,” Alyse said. “I’m tired. I’m going to go take a shower and go to bed. Have a good time sitting here by yourself watching National Geographic.”

Alyse walked into their bathroom, took off her clothes, and, after making sure the water temperature was to her liking, stepped into the shower. As she was soaping herself up, she was looking at the impression her soapy hand made on the glass shower wall. She was mesmerized, unable to look away. To Alyse, it was as if she was lying out in a field of grass, looking up at the clouds against a deep blue sky, and watching with fascination as the light breezes changed the clouds’ shapes, just as the soap bubble on the shower wall, were slowly forming and changing shapes.

“Michael, come quick!” Alyse called out.

Hearing her calling him, Michael ran into the bathroom. “Alyse, are you okay? Did something happen?”

Alyse was singing a slightly off-key rendition of Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now,” standing in the shower with her hand rubbing the shower wall glass. “Look, Michael,” she said, “look at the clouds floating by.”

Michael starting laughing. “So are you still going to tell me again how you don’t feel anything yet?”

Written for the Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Photo Challenge. Photo credit: Marta Bevacqua

15 thoughts on “MLMM Photo Challenge — Clouds in the Shower

1. K.Hartless July 14, 2021 / 8:42 am

Love this song, and the shower trip. Perfect for the image. Much enjoyed.

2. JT Twissel July 14, 2021 / 2:36 pm

Showers are always tricky places! The Mama Cass show? Oh my, I guess I missed that!

• Fandango July 14, 2021 / 10:52 pm

I’m not sure how long it was broadcast. I think I missed it, too.

3. Lou Carreras July 14, 2021 / 6:26 pm

Definitely been there. Definitely done that. You gotta stop prompting these flashbacks. You sure you weren’t in Boston in the 60’s?

4. bushboy July 15, 2021 / 3:23 am

That is so good, clouds in the shower, perhaps clouds in her coffee as well??? DC? You sure it wasn’t Haight-Ashbury 😂

5. leigha66 July 29, 2021 / 9:16 pm

Question… were they rain clouds? *insert eyeroll here* Great story Fandango!