Truthful Tuesday — Deprived Childhood

Frank, aka PCGuy, has published another one of his Truthful Tuesday posts, and this week Frank wants to know…

What was your favorite holiday treat as a child?

Well Frank, if you asked me about non-holiday specific treats, I could give you a nice, long list. But believe it or not — and since this is Truthful Tuesday, you ought to believe it — I can’t remember a favorite treat specifically related to a holiday. Ours was not a big dessert family and although I can think of a number of desserts that I used to like, from cookies to cakes to pies, etc., none was associated with a particular holiday.

So, sorry, Frank, but my truthful answer is that I did not have a favorite holiday treat. I must have lived a deprived childhood. I’ll try to do better next Tuesday.

13 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Deprived Childhood

1. rugby843 July 13, 2021 / 2:25 pm

I agree.  Everything was a treat to me as a child.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

2. abigfatcanofworms July 13, 2021 / 4:27 pm

Does treat mean dessert? When I read it, I thought it might be going to a favourite park or playing a favourite board game or … I dunno… a trip to Disney Land? If it does mean something sweet, we didn’t have many lollies in our house but sometimes we’d get a few as Christmas stocking stuffers. I remember one summer (which is Christmas time here), I got given all the CS Lewis books in a box set. I just remember lying in the living room reading about Narnia and eating these mint leaf lollies Mum had found somewhere. That’s pretty blissful, looking back as an adult.

• Hetty Eliot July 13, 2021 / 4:33 pm

For me it was one summer I read The Lord of the Rings and had a homemade chocolate milkshake every day!

• Fandango July 13, 2021 / 5:30 pm

Good point. I interpreted “treat” to be dessert, but maybe I took too narrow of a focus. Going to the park to see fireworks for the Fourth of July or getting to stay up late on New Years Eve were treats, too.

3. Sadje July 13, 2021 / 5:29 pm

I think your parents were setting up good example for you to follow, no sugary treats.

4. Carol anne July 13, 2021 / 5:58 pm

I’m sure you werent deprived, lol! You just liked so many foods that you can’t choose! Hahaha!

5. leigha66 July 28, 2021 / 8:42 pm

Treats at the time or treats now? I didn’t appreciate my time at my grandparents cabin as much as I should have… looking back those were some great times even though I had to share the outhouse with bugs!

Comments are closed.