Share Your World — 7/12/21

Here we go with another episode of Melanie’s Share Your World. This week Melanie is giving us three rather silly questions and one philosophical one.

What would be much better if you could just change the color of it?

The color of an object is what it is and I don’t think changing the color of said object would, in and of itself, make it better or worse. That said, there’s a house in my neighborhood that is painted Day-Glo yellow…

Do you think cats have any regrets?

Do cats have regrets? Nope, not a chance. Well, at least not my cat.

Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

When I used to walk our dog I would occasionally count my steps. But our dog is now gone and the only steps I count these days are what steps I’m at in my 12-step program.

Is there a supreme power?

Yes. Me. I am the supreme power because without me, nothing would exist. I explained it all in this post, should you be interested in understanding what I mean.

Now I have a question for Melanie. Which are the silly questions and which is the philosophical one?

13 thoughts on “Share Your World — 7/12/21

1. Sadje July 12, 2021 / 10:05 am

I agree that this house would look better if painted another color. I’ve seen many yellow houses and apartment buildings in Seattle too.

2. Marilyn Armstrong July 12, 2021 / 2:02 pm

I have a Pepto-Bismol colored room. I’m pretty sure repainting it would be an improvement. Pretty much ANY color would do.

3. jilldennison July 12, 2021 / 9:50 pm

Good answers. I fully agree that cats have no regrets … we have 5 now, have had as many as 10 (all rescue kitties) and I can say for certain that they have NO conscience! Now, as for counting steps … we have lived in this house for nearly 23 years, and I still count all 15 steps every single time I go up or down them! Why? I have no idea, but I do. 🙄

• amoralegria July 14, 2021 / 9:58 am

Maybe you got in the habit of counting stairs, which is a good thing. I do the same thing.

• jilldennison July 14, 2021 / 10:17 pm

Awesome! I’m so happy to know that somebody else does it, too! Yes, I think it is a habit …

4. Terveen Gill July 13, 2021 / 5:49 am

Haha! Nice question. Have to know the difference. And the yellow house is a bit too much on the eyes. 🙂

5. Melanie B Cee July 13, 2021 / 7:13 am

Thank you Fandango for Sharing Your World! I do NOT ‘get’ people who paint their houses in such a way, that looks like it’d be a lovely natural brick (although is it brick?) house, such a dignified house needs a more discreet and genteel color. I’ve seen people paint their houses Pepto pink, day glo yellow, neon green, electric blue, and once a shade of purple that probably had the Health Department down on them, as it looked like some giant somewhere barfed all over the thing. But. Some folks find those sorts of choices ‘cheerful’ and our more restrained white or beige ‘boring’ too. My house is clapboard with faux stone and siding, in beige (siding), with dark brown accents, so maybe it is a little dull. But I’m not going with any of the choices I listed above. If simply because I’d be run out of the HOA if I did. Still. This community was all variations on my theme (browns and beiges with stone or brick), until someone erected what I privately call “The Birthday Cake” up in the rich side of things. The thing is white. Glaring blinding white, with black trim. It’s garish (to me) and sticks out like a sore thumb. Someone else then painted theirs ‘Nantucket’ blue (although the nearest beach or ‘sea’ shore is probably a thousand miles or more from here. There’s an English cottage looking place on that row too. Guess if you have enough money, anything is allowed. Excellent answers Sir! Have a great week and I’m off to find your prompt now!

• Fandango July 13, 2021 / 10:15 am

Our house has medium gray wood siding above a distressed brick base. Nothing to garish.

• amoralegria July 14, 2021 / 9:56 am

I think houses can be most any color, except black. I imagine the heat would be trapped in a black house too.

6. leigha66 July 27, 2021 / 2:53 pm

There was a purple house down the street a couple of years ago. I think they got so much flack about it that they painted it. It wasn’t too obnoxious I didn’t think. I am sure you would need a pair of sunglasses just to look at that yellow house!