One-Liner Wednesday — As Seen on Facebook

I’m no longer on Facebook and I’ve never been on Twitter. But friends of mine will occasionally forward something from Facebook or Twitter that they think I might appreciate. One such item a friend to sent me was this post that he saw on Facebook…

What really jumped out at me from this item were the last two words: “and Republicans.” That not only made me laugh out loud, but strangely enough, at the same time it depressed me.

Written for Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt.

13 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — As Seen on Facebook

1. bikerchick57 July 7, 2021 / 6:28 am

What saddens me are the people that are intelligent, decent people otherwise, but have bought hook, line and sinker into the Republican culture and are now in the state of cognitive dissonance. They are in so deep in the mud that they can’t find their way out.

2. Melanie B Cee July 7, 2021 / 8:04 am

I’m sorry, but I fell off my chair laughing. That’s HILARIOUS. A bit of home truth about the Republicans. It is a bit sad that America has come to that divided thinking because of political preference, and I tend to think (in my dim way) that there’s little difference between the ‘major’ parties any more. If you scratch off the red or blue “paint’, you’ll find the same ideas underneath there. To whit: “I’m RIGHT (not in wing) all the time and anyone who says different is a moron, a buffoon, etc etc.” “I’m ENTITLED to my rights and f*ck anyone who doesn’t agree.” and worst of all “Any deviation from what I consider ‘the norm’ by using common sense or my brain, will be dealt with harshly. Particularly on social media.” I’m depressed by the thought “What the hell have we come to in America? Where’s the one I grew up knowing, because somewhere along the line I got transported to “doody head land” which masquerades as America. It’s not. And the wise know that. Thanks for the giggle all the same!

• Fandango July 7, 2021 / 10:50 am

I’m glad you got a kick out of the post. I think what you said about the parties, that underneath a thin veneer, they’re pretty much the same, used to be true, but these days I think the Republican Party has gone off the deep end and all they care about is power, not those they are supposed to be serving. I think the Democratic Party basically does have the best interests of its constituents at heart.

3. Terveen Gill July 8, 2021 / 5:06 am

Yes, inspires deep thinking.
    Did they need a special mention?
    Different from the rest? 🙂

• Marleen July 8, 2021 / 1:56 pm

I actually do think it’s a bit contemplative, beyond funny. Some people do evil things on purpose.

4. XingfuMama July 8, 2021 / 8:59 pm

It’s not “and Republicans” it’s “in other words, Republicans”.