RDP — Venation

I saw that today’s Ragtag Daily Prompt word is “venation.” Having never heard of that word, I had to look it up. It is defined as “the arrangement of veins, as in a leaf or in the wing of an insect.” Who knew?

Okay, so after learning what “venation” means, the task at hand was to incorporate a word I’d never heard of before and had certainly never used before into a post. And for those reasons, my initial inclination was to take a pass on using that word.

Then, this morning, I went into my backyard to have a cup of coffee and I looked up and saw this in the sky…

And I thought, Hey, those clouds up there are showing some really interesting venation.

Well, I don’t know if those clouds resemble the veins of a leaf or an insect’s wings, but close enough. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

23 thoughts on “RDP — Venation

1. Marleen July 3, 2021 / 7:24 pm

W-O-O-O-W-W. Very cool. And mesmerizing use of the word.

2. bushboy July 4, 2021 / 2:31 am

Not contribute to my word. Oh Fandango I would be sure you would find something and did not disappoint with a wonderful photo. Thanks for joining in 🙂 🙂

3. Marleen July 6, 2021 / 3:36 am

It’s a well-thought-out story. We need to be aware of trends, and maybe we’ll be able to do something about them. I was going to say something like that conservatives — but slash that — reactionaries (which is what the most powerful so-called conservatives have been) won the week with anti freedom Supreme Court decisions. I might find stories on that later, although I’m sure you saw those news reports yourself, Fandango. For now, I’ll just include more signs of bad portends,

Let’s talk about the South Dakota National Guard and the missing point….

• Marleen July 6, 2021 / 3:45 am

This one is, I think, because of an older Spreme Court decision (allowing eminent domain for private purposes).

Jordan Chariton: DEEP SEATED Hatred For Establishment REVEALED By Trip Through Rural Midwest {I don’t know why there’s so much talk about Kentucky and then especially about West Virginia when “The Hill” labeled this as pertaining to the rural midwest, but the content is interesting despite the “headline” employed.}

4. Marleen July 6, 2021 / 3:47 am

‘Who Would Do That?’: Rumsfeld Made ‘Mount Misery’ Plantation Getaway Home

• Marleen July 6, 2021 / 3:51 am

Marianne Williamson: DOJ CAUGHT Trying To COVER UP War Crime With Charges Against Julian Assange