Fandango’s Flashback Friday — July 2nd

Wouldn’t you like to expose your newer readers to some of your earlier posts that they might never have seen? Or remind your long term followers of posts that they might not remember? Each Friday I will publish a post I wrote on this exact date in a previous year.

How about you? Why don’t you reach back into your own archives and highlight a post that you wrote on this very date in a previous year? You can repost your Friday Flashback post on your blog and pingback to this post. Or you can just write a comment below with a link to the post you selected.

If you’ve been blogging for less than a year, go ahead and choose a post that you previously published on this day (the 2nd) of any month within the past year and link to that post in a comment.

This was originally posted on July 2, 2017. Four years later and he’s still a sad excuse of a man. Isn’t that sad?

A Sad Excuse

I don’t know about you, but I think Donald Trump is a sad excuse for a human being, much less as President of the United States and leader of the free world.

So when I recently heard a comedian, a former politician, a news commentator, and an editorial writer for a major metropolitan newspaper say or write some quips about “The Donald” that resonated with me, I decided to post them right here on my little blog.

First there was comedian Bill Maher. He said on his HBO show the other night, “Once again, Donald Trump has taught us a valuable lesson: you can never be too rich to be white trash.”

Then I read that a former Mayor of San Francisco, Willie Brown, said he overheard a guy in a bar say, “Donald Trump handles politics the same way most people handle fireworks on the Fourth of July. Light the fuse and run like hell.”

On her weekend AM Joy show on MSNBC, Joy Reid said “Just when you think it can’t get any lower, Donald Trump redefines what rock bottom means.”

Finally, I read a comment in the editorial section of my local paper this morning. It read, “President Trump further demeans the office with a vile, misogynous tweet attacking MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski. His dignity is hemorrhaging badly.”

As we get set to celebrate the birth of our nation here in the U.S., let’s hope that this won’t be our last true Independence Day as a free nation. The way things are going, next year at this time we may be a member nation of the Russian Federation.

And that’s no joke.

25 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flashback Friday — July 2nd

1. Heyjude July 2, 2021 / 4:31 am

He definitely changed the world’s opinion of the United States and not in a good way. It’s unbelievable how so many Americans seemed to love him and his lies. I do hope he never finds his way back into the White House (or any of his brood). Mindst you, our PM isn’t the best either.

Flashback Friday #27

• Fandango July 2, 2021 / 3:18 pm

And also unbelievable how many Americans (Republicans) still do love him and embrace his lies.

• Catherine Haessig July 7, 2021 / 6:24 am

If anyone changed the world view of America it’s the Alzheimer’s patient in office, so weak the wind knocks him over. We now have the 🤡🤡🤡 running the show, so we can expect another failed 🎪 no less. These CCP puppets are too greedy to not take money , in huge sums for favors. This Pay2Play is what’s causing all the illegal activities, that are actually going on. But that’s what you get, when you have Career Politicians who self – elect themselves for decades. You have Diane Feinstein ( the walking dead ) 64 years in office. Is she planning to remain their till death. Then you have Beijing Biden, who’s one of the most corrupt politicians since the ‘70’s. Who’s been in office coming up for 48 or is it 49 years. These people are so out of touch with the people, because they plan to die in office, to keep the Truth getting out, is the only reason I can come up with. Why else would you be a Politician for eternity. Joe can honestly say, he has never accomplished a single thing in those 47 years. Besides the prison bill, that concentrated mainly on the arrests of people of color. They very deceiving, so I presume they quiet racist, they say they don’t practice racism , then why would you target the minority for long prison terms for small crimes. They love saying they not racist yet, they seem the most racist of all the parties & probably are. You forget the Dems sponsored & had strong ties, with the KKK. So they speak one way, but do something totally different & hope you don’t notice. I don’t trust anyone who has to deceive people, to further their agenda, which is exactly what they do.

2. Irene July 2, 2021 / 8:39 am

I have this post from 2018, about beneficial insects in my backyard (pollinators, mite eaters, etc.):

Garden Heroes

Thank you for hosting another FFF, have an awesome weekend and 4th of July!

3. Catherine Haessig July 7, 2021 / 6:08 am

Couldn’t disagree more except for, will this be our last Free July 4th. If the Leftists have their way, we’ll be under Marxist rule in a year, so this would be our last year of freedom. But alas we have a savior who will save us, from these Marxist Dictators. So all will be good, coming very soon.

• Fandango July 7, 2021 / 6:20 am

It’s always interesting to get a comment like this from a delusional blogger. Be sure to look at the post I just published a few minutes ago. It’s right up your alley.

4. Marleen July 7, 2021 / 12:55 pm

There is a bit of a nerd debate as to whether the 4th or the 2nd should be our celebrated Independence Day. In a history book I used with my sons, an aspect of their approach was semantics. They said the independence was something like “announced” on the second and declared on the fourth. But I’ve seen plenty of websites say the declaration was on the second; there was a vote involving the wording of the document on the fourth.

• Marleen July 8, 2021 / 5:53 pm

OUTRAGEOUS BAN: Funky Academic Removed From FB Over Declaration Of Independence Quote

Relevance goes until 11:50 (almost the end).