Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. What was the big deal about Fibber McGee’s closet?
It was completely empty.
2. What’s the difference between a hoarder and a collector?
A hoarder accumulates trash and a collector accumulates treasures. See #4.
3. What was the intended initial purpose for the website, eBay?
It was a real estate website for listing homes for sale in the East Bay communities of the San Francisco Bay Area.
4. What is meant by the phrase, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”?
It’s how you explain the difference between a hoarder and a collector. See #2.
5. What is the significance of “file 13”?
It’s the file after file 12 but before file 14.
6. What does it mean to “86” something?
It’s like 69 but with a dyslexic who is bad at arithmetic.
7. What displays when you enter an invalid web address into a web browser?
A big middle finger emoji.
8. What does the “www” at the front of Internet addresses stand for?
Who, what, and when.
9. What does HTML do?
10. What is the purpose of CSS?
To confuse people even more than HTML does.