Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. What TV show was the first “reality” TV show?
The Huntley-Brinkley Report
2. What is the premise of Top Chef?
Each contestant chef must prepare a five-course meal while running up the stairs at the Sears Tower (now the Willis Tower) in Chicago. Whichever chef reaches the top floor with the best tasting meal is designated as the “Top Chef.”
3. Why is it called X Factor?
Because A Factor through W Factor had already been taken.
4. What kind of act or acts won’t you see on America’s (or Britain’s) Got Talent?
Acts demonstrating any useful talents whatsoever.
5. What show spawned the phrase, “You’ve been voted off the island”?
6. What is the premise of Project Runway?
It’s a documentary highlighting the achievements of various state and local agencies in their efforts to provide shelter for runaway children. Unfortunately, the set designer made a spelling error when creating the graphics for the show.
7. What show put a bunch of washed-up B list actors in a house together?
8. What was the first reality show to feature the an aging rock star and his family?
“3rd Rock from the Sun.”
9. What reality TV show was created in response to the popularity of Desperate Housewives?
10. What was the show American Chopper about?
It was a competition among professional chefs to see which ones could chop raw onions the fastest without shedding any tears.