Cat Scratch Fever

Yesterday, fellow blogger Judy Dysktra Brown wrote a post in which she showed off a very bruised arm that she blamed on “naughty dogs” who leave their marks when jumping up on her.

Pretty gross, huh? When I saw Judy’s wounds picture, I commented, “Okay, I think I need to post a picture of the wounds and scabs on my on my hands and arms that my cat bestows upon me with his razor sharp claws if I dare to ignore him when I’m reading the morning paper. There will be blood!”

To which Judy said, “So I showed you mine. You show me yours.” I told her that I would do so the next time my beloved cat mauled me.

Well, it didn’t take long for my cat to maul me. I was sitting at the table trying to read my morning paper when the cat jumped up on the table and started walking all over the newspaper in a subtle attempt to get my attention. I tried to ignore him, which was a big mistake. In a lightning fast motion and with his razor sharp claws extended, he struck with precision accuracy, his claws tearing at the skin on the last two fingers of my left hand.

I told you, Judy, there will be blood. Happy now?

12 thoughts on “Cat Scratch Fever

1. Lou Carreras June 8, 2021 / 1:38 pm

The Gray Menace used to do the same to me. I feel…ouch…for you!

2. margaret21 June 8, 2021 / 2:01 pm

And you willingly give them house room? They must pay you a lot in rent!

3. Marleen June 8, 2021 / 2:28 pm

I’ll tell you what; I like cats, but I wouldn’t put up with that. Maybe it’d be better to say I’ve never had to put up with anything like that. If a cat I had did that, there would be the question of what to do about it. My guess is I would take said cat out to the countryside. Does that sound heartless?

My youngest son got an infection during his senior year of high school that our doctor diagnosed as being “cat scratch fever” because of cats that his girlfriend (and her mother) had. The doctor recommended a different girlfriend. I didn’t confirm that he should get rid of the girlfriend.

4. pensitivity101 June 8, 2021 / 2:40 pm

I found a cat that had been hit by a car and carried it to school so that the teacher could help it. I ended up having a tetanus shot because puss bit me and they had to prize her teeth out of my hand. I was so concerned for the animal, I never felt it, but I still have the scars some 60 years later.

• pensitivity101 June 9, 2021 / 8:12 am

As I said, I was more concerned about the cat and didn’t feel a thing until they tried to take it off me.

5. Marilyn Armstrong June 8, 2021 / 4:19 pm

I’m an animal lover, but i wouldn’t put up with that. Dogs are accidental when they get you with their claws, but that’s no accident.

• Fandango June 8, 2021 / 10:23 pm

Most of the time I react in time to avoid the lethal swat, but I was slow today.

6. Jen Goldie June 9, 2021 / 12:57 am

I’ve had 5 wonderful cats. I’ve never been bitten or scratched once. You must have done something to make it dislike you.

7. leigha66 June 16, 2021 / 6:38 pm

My sister’s cat got down in the basement and went wild because of something down there. When she tried to bring him back upstairs to calm him down… he bit her and she too got cat scratch fever.

Comments are closed.