Share Your World — 6/7/21

Melanie has given us another Share Your World prompt. I missed last week’s edition, but I’m back for this week’s. So without further ado…

What’s the worst commercial you’ve recently seen (or heard)? Why was it so bad?

To be honest, I rarely watch live TV anymore. Most of the commercial/broadcast TV shows I watch are recorded on my DVR, so when I watch those recordings, I fast forward through the commercials. And much of what I watch on TV is on streaming channels such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc., where there are no commercials. All that said, I hate drug commercials where, at the end, they give you a list of possible adverse effects. I especially hate it when they say “Don’t take [name of drug] if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.” Duh!

What takes a lot of time but is totally worth it?

Blogging.

Have you ever smiled at a stranger and then wished you hadn’t? Why or why not?

Smile at strangers? Are you kidding me? If I smiled at a stranger, he or she might actually want to stop and talk with me. Why risk that?

What do you think is the nastiest tasting food?

I lost my sense of taste after I had middle ear surgery at the end of 2019. Since then, nothing tastes particularly nasty anymore. Or particularly good, either.

Are you at peace with yourself? Your world? Please share, whether you said “yay” or “nay”!

I am at peace with myself. With the world? That would be a definitive “nay.”

13 thoughts on “Share Your World — 6/7/21

1. Lokesh Sastya June 7, 2021 / 9:35 am

What takes a lot of time but is totally worth it?

Blogging.

I completely agree. ✅

2. Melanie B Cee June 7, 2021 / 10:01 am

Thanks, Fandango for Sharing Your World! I noticed you hadn’t checked in last week and chalked it up to ‘life happening’. Or boring questions, it could be either or neither I suppose. It’s all good! So I take it the doctors can’t fix your taste problems? Did the sinuses get impacted when you had that surgery? I know that smelling the food is part of the whole being able to taste the food idea. I’m sure in some ways it is nice not to be able to taste things so well … lately, textures and the smell make me so sick I can’t eat at all. I’m really sorry all the same. That must be annoying! Your efforts at blogging are greatly appreciated and obviously, I’m not the only one who admires your blog! Take care and have a great week!

• Fandango June 7, 2021 / 10:11 am

Thanks, Melanie. The surgery didn’t affect my sense of smell, but apparently affected the nerve that runs just below the ear canal to the tongue that affects the sense of taste. So whatever sense of taste I have is more from the memories of what things taste like than from the actual taste. I missed last week because I was with family on Memorial Day and just never got back to your SYW prompt after that. Sorry about that.

3. Sadje June 7, 2021 / 10:21 am

Hmm…. you don’t want strangers talking to you!

4. Marilyn Armstrong June 7, 2021 / 12:32 pm

I used to love talking to strangers. These days, not so much. Too many people who think the world is flat and admire DT. If I actually talked to any of them, I might feel inclined to argue with them. Which would be both aggravating and futile, a combination to be avoided at all costs.

5. J-Dub June 8, 2021 / 4:31 pm

I agree with you on the drug commercials. The worst!

6. Marleen June 9, 2021 / 6:26 pm

There’s a weird commercial with two clowns talking about little kids and pizza. I don’t remember which brand. It’s pretty sick, with one clown enjoying the idea of a first tear of terror.

• Fandango June 9, 2021 / 10:44 pm

I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

• Marleen June 19, 2021 / 11:25 am

I, just this moment, saw it again — it’s Bagel Bites. Super creepy.

7. leigha66 June 15, 2021 / 10:53 pm

There are so many bad commercials it is hard to just pick one. I do get tired of the drug commercials… it’s that mile long list of side effects that is truly frightening!

Comments are closed.