Gatewayer57 is Real!

I owe Gatewayer57 an apology. In a post earlier today, I questioned whether Gatewayer57 was a real person. In fact, I was pretty sure she was either a spammer or a bot. Why? Because I received 43 likes in a row, each on a different post. And not a single comment! Plus, when I clicked on her avatar, it was a dead end.

But it appears that I was mistaken. Gatewayer57 is a real person, not a spammer or a bot. In fact, after my post was published, she commented:

So let me publicly offer my apologies to you, Gatewayer57, for having assumed that you weren’t a real person. My mistake. Thank you for reading my blog and for liking my posts.

17 thoughts on “Gatewayer57 is Real!

1. newepicauthor May 22, 2021 / 2:06 pm

She pumped your stats up, not such a terrible thing and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

2. Renard Moreau May 22, 2021 / 3:26 pm

🤔 Well, what you have learned from all of this?

You learned that you should not be too quick to make assumptions, my friend.

I am also pleased to know that Gatewayer57 is real.

3. gatewayer57 May 22, 2021 / 5:19 pm

I accept your apology. I do enjoy reading your posts. You’re a great writer.

• Fandango May 22, 2021 / 5:33 pm

Thank you. I’m sorry that I jumped the gun and made an erroneous assumption.

• gatewayer57 May 22, 2021 / 6:39 pm

You’re welcome. It’s okay. People make mistakes.

4. Stine Writing May 22, 2021 / 5:39 pm

Sometimes when I see a lot of likes in a row I wonder “how could you possible read all that?” but then I go browsing and read so much and realize it is possible! Lol.

5. XingfuMama May 22, 2021 / 6:54 pm

So nice when the admiration is real. It is wonderful that someone really took the time to read everything. I sometimes wonder if people really look at what I post.

6. jilldennison May 23, 2021 / 12:28 am

I would have drawn the same conclusion you did, but I’m glad she turned out to be a real person who actually reads your posts!

7. Carol anne May 23, 2021 / 11:51 am

Yay! so happy you got so many likes in a row! And from a real person, not a spam bot! Woohoo!