Rory’s Weekend Quickie

Rory is asking us, once again, if we fancy a weekend quickie. Why the hell not, I say.

How do you like your sausages – straight, curved, short, long, fat, or thin? Or do you not even like sausages?
Interpret as you wish ….

I prefer oysters.

How often [under normal circumstances] would you visit a hairdressers/barbers in one year?

Never. I shave my head by myself once every two weeks.

What is it specifically do you think about humor that makes you laugh – as in ‘what’s so funny to you?’ Why do you laugh at some things and not others – what is the magical ingredient for you?

Timing, delivery, and the unexpected.

If you were convinced you had seen an alien or a UFO [from another planet] how would you make people believe you or would you not tell anyone?

I’d keep my mouth shut. Although I might post about it on my blog because I’m anonymous. You’d believe me, wouldn’t you?

Do you know what your place is in the world – where you fit in – and is that important to you?

My place in the world is wherever I happen to be at the time such a question is asked. For example, right now I’m sitting on the toilet tapping this answer into my iPhone — and that is definitely my place in the world at the moment. Now excuse me while I finish up the paperwork and wash my hands.

Is it important to you to get ‘noticed’ or are you happy enough to just be seen and is there really a difference do you think?

I used to think, when I was still working, that it was important to get noticed. Notice by my clients, by my peers, and by my bosses. Now that I’m in my sixth year of my retirement, getting noticed is the last thing I want to have happen. Unless I’m crossing the street and a car is coming my way. In that situation I would definitely hope to get noticed.

19 thoughts on “Rory’s Weekend Quickie

1. Sadje May 9, 2021 / 4:32 pm

We would believe you as you never lie!

2. jilldennison May 9, 2021 / 11:06 pm

I don’t much care for either sausages or oysters! Gimme peanut butter … nature’s most perfect food! I loved your answers … you’ve started my week out with a laugh! Have a wonderful (or at least bearable) week ahead, my friend!

• Fandango May 9, 2021 / 11:58 pm

Thanks, Jill. A wonderful week ahead would be great, but bearable will be acceptable.

• jilldennison May 10, 2021 / 11:14 am

I hear you! I go from hoping for a great week to just being somewhat thankful that I’m still breathing and haven’t pulled all my hair out by the end of the week!

3. Melanie B Cee May 10, 2021 / 8:04 am

Thanks ‘sincerely’ for ruining oysters for me. Permanently. *ulp* Dang dude. Anonymity is probably for the best. O_o

• Fandango May 10, 2021 / 10:41 am

Sorry about that, Melanie. 😂

• Marleen May 10, 2021 / 2:15 pm

I appreciate the ingenious, tongue-not-in-cheek, nature of the answer.

• Melanie B Cee May 11, 2021 / 7:51 am

It’s all good. Your blog, your content. I just never seen a oyster (saw AN oyster) so graphically blatant. Being land-locked they have to ship ‘fresh’ oysters to us. Something changes the look of them in the process I think because all the ones I ever saw were a lot smaller and gray. Tasty enough though. 😉

• Marleen May 11, 2021 / 5:30 pm

I used to (when I was like twenty) make something called, in a cookbook I had, “hang town fry” — with oysters in a jar like that (more grey).

4. leigha66 May 16, 2021 / 9:48 pm

Good answers. I feel it is important among friends and family to be noticed or at the very least acknowledged. In a room full of strangers… I am fine with blending into the background.

Comments are closed.