Rory is offering up his “12 Bloggers” thing he does once again this month. He poses 12, oh I don’t know, irreverent questions. Here is what he is asking us this month.
1. When was the last time you were totally lost?
[Be this physically, mentally, emotionally or so on, interpretation is yours.]
Pretty much every day.
2. Do you think that we, as viewers to the entertainment industry, have much higher and perhaps unrealistic expectations to the content that we read, watch, or listen to today in comparison to previous years and or generations?
I think so because the technologies used in today’s entertainment industry are so much more sophisticated and advanced than they were in previous generations.
3. Does money ‘really’ make us happy or is that just a myth and more importantly it is ‘what you do with it’ that makes you happier?
I don’t know if money really makes us happy, but it helps.
4. How important to you is it to be right?
I’m not always right, but I’m never wrong.
5. How often do you find yourself completely confused with life and the way it is changing and has changed over the last ten or twenty years?
What confuses me is how divided and polarized our society has become. We have become so entrenched in our own perspectives and beliefs that we no longer listen to or even attempt to see the world through others’ eyes.
7. How many emails do you get a day [roughly] and from who do you get the most?
About a dozen and a half and most of them are from some entity trying to get me to spend money. I get many more text messages than emails each day.
6. When out shopping and carrying your goods or groceries, which do you prefer to use more often – paper or plastic bags [reusable] or cotton totes or something else?
I mostly bring my own reusable (cloth, not plastic) bags. Otherwise, I’ll go with paper bags, which are recyclable.
8. Have you ever made for yourself ‘homemade wine/spirits’ and if so what was it made from and how was it?
I haven’t, but my wife made her own homemade wine from a kit. I designed the labels and printed them up and adhered them to the bottles into which her wine ultimately was poured.
9. In your opinion and from no ‘fixed time period,’ what have been in your eyes the top 5 most memorable television series you have ever watched and what made them special to you?
“The Wire” on HBO, the original “The Twilight Zone,” “Hill Street Blues,” “Cheers,” and “All in the Family.”
10. What’s wrong with today’s music as opposed to the music of your yesterday’s – do you consider the music now to be far worse or greatly improved and why?
I’m stuck in the mid-sixties to late-seventies classic rock from a music perspective. That’s my jam. I’m not going to comment on others’ tastes in music, no matter how bad I think it is.
11. Does world history really matter to our daily lives – is it that important – l mean it’s not like we can change anything right – what do you think?
12. Do you believe that a good night’s sleep and waking up refreshed the following day helps you make better decisions or worthier improvements to your life – or it makes no difference at all?
I know that I feel refreshed and regenerated after a good night’s sleep, so I’m going to say that, for me, anyway, it does make a positive difference.