TMP — Ups and Downs

Every Monday, Paula Light, with her The Monday Peeve prompt, gives us an opportunity to vent or rant about something that pisses us off. Today, Paula bellyached about inconsistency, and discussed her frustration with the inconsistencies within WordPress. My “peeve” today is also about inconsistency and WordPress, but it’s not so much a peeve as it is an observation.Look at this chart. It graphs my number of visitors and number of views over the past month. Talk about inconsistencies. Some days I am favored with a relatively large number of visitors and views. Other days it seems like very few are interested in visiting my blog or viewing my posts. It’s somewhat puzzling to me because it often is unrelated to the number of posts I publish on a particular day. The ups and downs or highs and lows seem almost random.

Do your stats look like this, with these ups and downs from one day to the next? Or is it just me?

Anyway, that’s it. See, not much of a peeve. Just an observation. Have a happy rest of the day, whatever’s left of it in your part of the world.

21 thoughts on “TMP — Ups and Downs

1. Paula Light April 19, 2021 / 1:41 pm

My stats went to zip during that 10 days I took a break to refresh, which you’d expect. But other times they did for seemingly no reason at all.

PS: I had to sign in again to like your post 🙄

2. newepicauthor April 19, 2021 / 3:11 pm

It ain’t me babe, it ain’t me you are looking for, as I visit your blog several times every day.

3. Sadje April 19, 2021 / 4:31 pm

Yes, I just checked, it looks like this too. There is a big spike on Mondays and the rest of the days are just trying to catch up.

4. abigfatcanofworms April 19, 2021 / 4:32 pm

My stats look pretty similar – perhaps even peakier. But I don’t post as often as you. I just assumed some days more people find the time to read or something.

5. abigfatcanofworms April 19, 2021 / 4:35 pm

Oh and one other thing. Some people follow and like posts but they will like about 7 in a row. It’s usually people I follow who, I get the feeling, are just politely reciprocating but don’t actually enjoy poetry. Their occasional binge viewings make my numbers look better than usual.

• Fandango April 19, 2021 / 10:22 pm

Yeah, I get that too occasionally.

6. sandmanjazz April 19, 2021 / 5:56 pm

Mine zip about a bit, and bizarrely a post from a number of years ago is *always* getting a number of views

7. Marilyn Armstrong April 19, 2021 / 7:20 pm

I’ve gotten essentially the same ups and downs. People are reading, but not all the time. I find that I’m not reading as much as I used to. I can’t seem to focus. Maybe because it’s spring. Maybe it’s because it has been such an exhausting year. I don’t know. A lot of us are just on a sort of time out. I think that many of us are just beginning to remember how to breathe.

8. Brendan Birth April 19, 2021 / 8:10 pm

It is a bit random, or feels as such, to me. I publish on Mondays and Thursdays. Sometimes, my blog posts end up with huge followings. Sometimes, my posts have somewhat more modest followings.

9. bushboy April 19, 2021 / 11:30 pm

I am up and down as I don’t usually do posts on weekend unless I schedule. I do a catch up Mondays and Tuesdays so there may be a lot of likes and or comments during that time. I am always amazed at people who find older posts. Why and how?

10. Renard Moreau April 20, 2021 / 12:22 am

🙂 My stats do fluctuate on a daily basis; so, you are not the only one who is experiencing this.

11. Taswegian1957 April 20, 2021 / 3:27 am

I don’t post everyday so mine dip when I don’t but another weird thing I’ve noticed is that “Streak” notification you get. I sometimes get “you have posted three or whatever days in a row when in fact I haven’t posted for four or five days. It makes me doubt their statistics more than I used to.

• Fandango April 20, 2021 / 2:08 pm

Given that it’s WordPress, the stats are, indeed, questionable.

12. RuthScribbles April 20, 2021 / 8:19 am

stats? I don’t get very many views or comments, so I seldom look at stats.

13. pensitivity101 April 20, 2021 / 9:40 am

Mine have been more down than up these past couple of weeks. Mind you, I haven’t been blogging quite as much as we’ve been doing other things. I still get comments though, and find that very pleasing!!

14. CARAMEL April 20, 2021 / 2:06 pm

Not sure if it might explain some of it…but the days you host a prompt such as #FFFC or #FPQ….people might view that post several times. First time read…and then go back later to copy the URL to create a pingback. Also if they visit other people’s posts via the pingbacks on your comments and then go back to your post…the numbers of visits to your post might increase???

• Fandango April 20, 2021 / 10:42 pm

That’s a good point, Mel. I suppose I should go back and look at my stats to see if there’s a correlation between spikes in my stats on days when I post my weekly prompts.

15. leigha66 April 24, 2021 / 11:53 pm

My stats tend to look like a roller coaster too.

Comments are closed.