Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as host for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Frank’s turn to host and here are his questions.
1. What exactly is a “Five and Dime”?
It’s the amount of interest I earned from my bank on my savings account last month.
2. What gets sold at a “General Store”?
Supplies for anyone in the military who has reached the rank of general.
3. Why are they called “Department Stores”?
These are stores that sell supplies and equipment to various departments in federal, state, and local governments.
4. What’s so convenient about a “Convenience Store”?
It’s across the street from my house.
5. What is a “Blue Light Special”?
It’s a sale that takes place at a convenience store once in a blue moon.
6. Why do some people call all soda, “Coke”?
Because such people have no taste.
7. What franchise is nicknamed “The Home of the Whopper”?
It’s a series of XXX-rated movies that feature well endowed males.
8. Which franchise claims to be “Finger-lickin’ Good”?
It’s that same series of XXX-rated “Whopper” movies that feature women who like the well endowed men who appear in them.
9. What does “IHOP” stand for?
It’s text message speak for I Have Other Plans.
10. What does “Scattered, Smothered, and Covered” mean?
It’s what some people do with the ashes of loved ones who have been cremated.