FOWC with Fandango — Never

FOWCWelcome to April 12, 2021 and to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed to fill the void after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “never.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

41 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Never

1. bushboy April 12, 2021 / 12:09 am

I hope to never stop comments here Fandango 🙂

2. Pingback: FOWC. Never
  3. Marleen April 13, 2021 / 6:58 am

“They” will never, never, never get better.

Newsmax Host Licks Racist Cops’ Boots

• Marleen April 13, 2021 / 9:39 am

Since so much of this has been in the news — not only the trial of Chauvin at the same time — I thought it likely that someone who was once mistaken as a friend would have something to say. He favors head fakes — virtue-signaling, if you will. Of course, being a right-winger extraordinaire, all the bad stuff isn’t on his side; he’s in the right after all. Bad enough that he loved the idea of picking someone comparatively unsavory to highlight among black people. But he just couldn’t escape another of his demons, which is why I describe him as a right-winger, not Christian (although the KKK considers themselves, present tense, Christian too). The end of his commenting, yesterday, ends with this display of what his true motives remain (after quoting scripture). Sickness.

Various points of view and philosophies have come and gone in the world but what endures is the word of God. In this case, I have to conclude that Dr. Walker-Barnes has substituted the latest social justice, progressive, [anti] systemic racism, and so forth narratives for God’s eternal word. She may have a point in that historically, the Bible and Christian faith has been misused to subjugate one group of people to another. But Walker-Barnes isn’t just misusing scripture, she’s disregarding it altogether, replacing it with another philosophy. This may make her popular to others in the short run, but we will all have to give an accounting, so this warning is really for all of us.

• Marleen April 13, 2021 / 7:12 pm

Accessed and read for the first time: today at approximately 9:30.

• Marleen May 2, 2021 / 8:17 am

You couldn’t sear my conscience, James. Therefore, I’ve been blocked from conversation at your sites. I don’t know who seared yours. But I still stand for black lives and honesty.

WATCH: Pastors declare Moral Emergency in Elizabeth City following killing of #AndrewBrownJr​

• Marleen April 17, 2021 / 11:26 am

January 6th Would Have Been a Massacre if Police Reacted …

• Marleen April 17, 2021 / 11:27 am

Why are Some Tennessee Grand OP (Republicans) Standing For the First Grand Wizard of the KKK?

• Marleen May 9, 2021 / 3:06 pm

Republicans Fighting For “Rush Limbaugh Day”

One of the guys in discussion, here, is from Tennessee and says he was treated like … [I’ll leave that for you to find out when you listen] because he was a reader. I’ll also point out that Sandra Fluk was taking what are called birth control pills but to treat a medical condition such as cysts on the ovaries. But, as far as birth control is concerned, Rush said she was having “so much sex” that she needed pills every day. What a freakin’ actual loser he was. Hateful, hateful man.

• Fandango May 9, 2021 / 10:10 pm

I agree. Hateful!

• Marleen May 10, 2021 / 12:04 pm

Where is this man’s “Christian” capacity to repent? This link shows his fourth recent effort (in a row) to write about an HBO series. But he wrote about it before, on more than one occasion and at more than one of his blog sites; when he wrote about it before, he hadn’t seen any of it yet. Yet he was cocksure he knew about it. This series was the first excuse or reason he used to block my voice. He brought up the anticipated show [HBO] in the context of the appearance of discussion at his religious site) per protests against the murder of George Floyd. He insisted the show (like his view of the protesters) was an anti Semitic display or that it used anti Semitic “tropes.” I said it did not. I, meanwhile, had only watched it because he had made this accusation. Perhaps it could be seen to be so? I had to find out. I did find out. And now he only “credits” the “black woman.”

• Marleen May 10, 2021 / 1:12 pm

My view of the show is that no one in it is supposed to be virtuous. They are just people dealing with stuff (albeit in a horror setting which is not something I enjoy either, while James writes horror himself, curiously). My comments on the show, likewise, aren’t about whether I Iike the show or not or am a fan of J.J.’s work.

From the critic’s religious site (where he had the earlier series of his own, blogging anti-black):

Marleen
        SEPTEMBER 7, 2020 AT 1:34 PM
        Might you acknowledge and admit that your last (prior to this one) “example” of anti-Semitism (indicative of what you’ve been trying to do with this series) was a lie?

Instead, you simply carry on like you have so many examples of black people and people who say black lives matter being the evil other in this country. Here is some information about one of the producers of Lovecraft Country: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._J._Abrams
        Abrams is married to public relations executive Katie McGrath and has three children.[5][66] His daughter, Gracie Abrams, is a pop singer-songwriter.[67] He resides in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, California.[68][69] He is Jewish and his wife is Roman Catholic, and he sometimes takes his children to religious services on Jewish holidays.[70]
        [By the way, jjabrams is not a black Jew.]

I wonder if this kind of involvement is the reason the article you shared says the people who made the show might not understand that what they portrayed was anti-Semitic.

James Pyles
        SEPTEMBER 7, 2020 AT 3:31 PM
        I know he’s Jewish, which makes his involvement in this all the more baffling. I do know that there are plenty of liberal Jews who take anti Israel and even anti Jewish positions. Since I simply posted a link to a news story, how am I a liar? [Additional, and worse, misstatements followed here] …..

{As for his question of how he was a liar, I tried to answer. He wouldn’t let anything be seen in answer. He loved the idea of making me an anti-Semite, too, the last word. What I had said, however, was that the “example” was a lie. That “example” was completely something else (a link to an article with a false quotation of people in the BLM protesting) which I’m not referencing now. But it’s there. Incidentally, the critic (James) is not Jewish. It’s interesting that he hasn’t given a single example of the show he checked out of his local library showing something anti-Semitic or using such a trope. I don’t believe that he would have left out an illustrated complaint if he had, in fact, observed any vindication of his vicious motivation. But the reality of the matter isn’t his point.}

4. Marleen May 27, 2021 / 1:41 pm

“It’s not white people.”

Marjorie Taylor Greene … Randy Rainbow Song Parody

• Fandango May 27, 2021 / 4:37 pm

Randy Rainbow is so good!

• Marleen June 6, 2021 / 6:06 am

Holocaust Survivor against Marjorie Taylor Greene

• Marleen June 5, 2021 / 12:00 am

‘Until You Change, We’re Going To Keep In Your Face’: Bishop Carlton Pearson Blisters Evangelicals

• Marleen June 5, 2021 / 6:39 pm

We’re Here Because ‘America Hates When We Do For Self’: Pastor Jamal Bryant Talks Tulsa Massacre

Comments are closed.