Fandango’s Flashback Friday — April 2

Wouldn’t you like to expose your newer readers to some of your earlier posts that they might never have seen? Or remind your long term followers of posts that they might not remember? Each Friday I will publish a post I wrote on this exact date in a previous year.

How about you? Why don’t you reach back into your own archives and highlight a post that you wrote on this very date in a previous year? You can repost your Friday Flashback post on your blog and pingback to this post. Or you can just write a comment below with a link to the post you selected.

If you’ve been blogging for less than a year, go ahead and choose a post that you previously published on this day (the 2nd) of any month within the past year and link to that post in a comment.

This was originally posted on April 2, 2014 on my old blog.

It Ain’t Over Until the Fat Lady Sings

I know that someday I will die. We all will.

I don’t know when it will be. I don’t know how it will happen. And despite my firm belief that heaven and hell don’t exist, that this is all there is, and that once I die I will cease to exist in every sense, I know that I don’t know that to be a certainty.

I used to give little thought to what happens after death. But now that I’m getting closer and closer to the inevitable, I do wonder about it a little more.

Would I want there to be life after death?

Well, given that, if I’m wrong, I would most likely spend eternity in a rather hot and undesirable venue, I think I’d rather not want there to be an afterlife.

On the other hand, perhaps reincarnation — getting another chance at life on earth — might not be such a bad thing. Of course, it would depend upon what I came back as. Perhaps we come back in the form that most suited us during our lifetime, in which case I might come back as a donkey — as in ass.

No, I think I’m happy with my belief that it’s over when it’s over and there ain’t no more.

I just wonder where I’ll be when the fat lady sings.

26 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flashback Friday — April 2

1. newepicauthor April 2, 2021 / 8:23 am

If I am sent to hell, will that fat lady be singing all the time and could it be Mama Cass?

2. amoralegria April 2, 2021 / 11:01 am

I just had to add another Flashback to the one I initially posted! The first one was photography and the second one was a long piece I wrote about our post-pandemic world.

• Fandango April 2, 2021 / 9:58 pm

I remember your response to our post-pandemic world.

3. sonia67bones April 2, 2021 / 12:20 pm

Crazy thing…I all the way back to 2009 and never posted a blog on Apr 2, in all the years. So I will post today, maybe start a new trend.

• Fandango April 2, 2021 / 10:01 pm

That is kinda crazy. 12 years and never a post on April 2nd.

4. Marleen April 4, 2021 / 2:07 pm

The commentator, here at The Rational National, and his wife, decided (rather than to despair) during 2020 to invest in the future with the hope of another generation; they also had their baby in 2020. I find that encouraging. Be a good grandad (as I’m sure you will be and are); I still wonder how I will be, or if I’ll even be around.

Check on 16:15-16:30 and 6:30-6:45 and all of it.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkdRdrg3SsA Cornel West Moves Anderson Cooper To Tears [soon after George Floyd had been laid to rest]

5. leigha66 April 5, 2021 / 10:14 pm

I think that is a perfectly natural question we all try to wrap our head around. In all honestly I would like reincarnation as an option… my cats have the easiest lives. Ha, ha!

Comments are closed.