One-Liner Wednesday — There’s No Vaccine for Stupidity

“A majority of all demographic groups now say that they are likely to get vaccinated for COVID-19 — except for white Republicans.”

According to a survey by Civiqs, an online polling company, only 33% of Republicans said they will definitely get vaccinated.

Written for Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt.

28 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — There’s No Vaccine for Stupidity

1. revivedwriter March 17, 2021 / 7:58 am

Re: what’s written on the side of that car
    Sometimes God helps the doctors make the vaccines. 🙄 It’s not either/or.

2. Hetty Eliot March 17, 2021 / 8:10 am

I dunno…. I have to disagree. I don’t think it’s fair to call people stupid because they don’t want to put something into their body when long term effects are unknown as of yet, especially if you have existing immune system problems. I have an autoimmune disease and I don’t know if it will stimulate the antibodies in the wrong direction because antibodies tend to prefer attacking me than foreign bodies. I believe it’s simply a choice right now when we don’t have complete information on the effects in different medical conditions.

• Fandango March 17, 2021 / 11:10 am

I think if someone has an underlying medical condition, as you do, there’s a reason to be hesitant. But most people don’t and they are refusing for political reasons or due to malignant misinformation campaigns. Or due to stupidity.

3. bikerchick57 March 17, 2021 / 8:50 am

When white Republicans are the only remaining Americans to be badly affected by Covid, then perhaps they will wake up and stop behaving so incredibly uninformed and insane. But I don’t hold my breath on that count either.

4. Marleen March 19, 2021 / 3:20 pm

https://www.news-medical.net/health/What-are-Adenovirus-Based-Vaccines.aspx Adenovirus-based Last Updated: Mar 10, 2021.

SARS-CoV-2 vaccine

A coronavirus vaccine known as ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 or AZD1222 was developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca to treat severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection (the cause of COVID-19).

Besides the detailed article, there is an interesting video at the bottom of the page.

• Marleen March 19, 2021 / 3:38 pm

Here is the video, again; because part of the view is obscured
      near the end of the video, as imbedded under the article:

Coronavirus Vaccines — An Introduction

• Marleen March 19, 2021 / 4:24 pm

The two-dose vaccines available here, thus far, are different
        from the adenovirus-based vaccinations [and others].

Coronavirus mRNA Vaccine Safety and Efficacy

My best estimate is that this video is from a month ago.
        It’s newer than the “Introduction” one (from five months ago).

5. Marleen March 19, 2021 / 6:40 pm

Shane Crotty: “Adaptive Immunity and Immune Memory to SARS-CoV-2 after COVID-19”

I recommend starting at five minutes in.
    The Q/A starts at approximately 58 minutes.

6. leigha66 March 20, 2021 / 12:14 am

I know two people who don’t want the vaccine, one because she already had Covid and the other doesn’t trust it because it was made “too fast.” I guess it is there decision… kind of like a woman’s right to decisions about her body!

• Fandango March 20, 2021 / 10:22 am

But a woman’s decision is about only her body. The decision to not get vaccinated potentially exposed others to the virus, putting them at risk.

• Marleen March 20, 2021 / 3:15 pm

The person I live with, and my closets neighbors, are in various stages of being vaccinated. I have not been eligible. The person I live with is planning, already, to start partying with the neighbors — before I even have a chance (not a chance to party but a chance to get a shot). The science doesn’t say the vaccine protects others (or yourself from having the virus in your system); it protects against extreme symptoms and death (for the person who has the vaccination… not for those nearby who haven’t had it). Perhaps the science will eventually say that those who get the vaccine in no way can endanger others; it doesn’t yet. It’s an improvement, most likely. However, even Fauci still wants people to wear masks. Rand Paul tried to tell Fauci that wearing a mask after having gotten the vaccine is “theater.” Fauci said he totally disagrees.

• Fandango March 20, 2021 / 3:28 pm

Fay I is right and Rand Paul is an imbecile.

• Marleen March 20, 2021 / 7:14 pm

I said: … and my closets neighbors, are …

That’s meant to be “my closest (most nearby)” …

• Fandango March 20, 2021 / 10:16 pm

Honestly, I didn’t even notice the typo because my brain interpreted the word to be “closest,” I guess because I assumed that you don’t keep any of your neighbors in your closets.