FOWC with Fandango — Upside

FOWCWelcome to March 16, 2021 and to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed to fill the void after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “upside.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

27 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Upside

1. Mister Bump UK March 16, 2021 / 12:56 am

You came an hour earlier, here, today, but that sounds about right, doesn’t it? If you’ve already gone forward and we haven’t? It’ll reset next week when we go forward, too.

• Fandango March 16, 2021 / 10:30 pm

I think it’s time to dump changing the clocks twice a year.

• Mister Bump UK March 17, 2021 / 1:21 am

I must admit I never had any strong feelings. Just on a practical not I’d agree. The US is mostly constant at 5, 6, 7 or 8 but I find it quite difficult to tune into southern hemisphere e.g. Aus where the difference is +/- 2. Once ‘pon a time we didn’t care but now we’re all connected…

2. bushboy March 16, 2021 / 4:31 am

The upside of this prompt is I won’t have to comment

3. Marleen March 16, 2021 / 9:17 pm

She misses the cutoff with a 1980 song, from her 11th studio album. But “upside” made me think of this, tonight. It was a little difficult to find than I thought it would be. A few other newer songs came up (One by Ricky Martin, one by Jack Johnson, and one by I don’t know who… which made me think they purposely used the memorable lyrics — “upside down/inside out” — for searches or clicks in order to be accidentally found).

Diana Ross

• Fandango March 16, 2021 / 10:47 pm

I don’t remember ever hearing this song.

• Marleen March 17, 2021 / 3:25 pm

It was made right at that turning point when music was becoming less interesting (even during a phase for artists who I had previously liked such as Heart). I’m looking through some video presentations as to why. I don’t remember the exact wording, but it basically had (and has) to do with preprogrammed elements — computerized “music.” With this one, I would add that it was at the tail end of “disco” (when people were starting to reject it but some people could still get a little mileage out of something slightly similar to it).

Comments are closed.