SoCS — Que Será, Será

It seems like 2021 just started, yet here we are at the end of the second week of the third month, on the 13th day of the new year. There are only two and a half weeks remaining in the first quarter of 2021. Can you believe that?

We change our clocks to Daylight Saving Time tonight. Well actually at 2:00 am tomorrow morning, but since I’ll be going to bed well before midnight, I’ll be moving all my clocks up by an hour before I go to sleep. I still don’t see the purpose for changing our clocks twice a year — an hour ahead in the spring and then an hour behind in the fall. Who thought that was a good idea? All it does is fuck up my sleep patterns, which are pretty fucked up to begin with.

Oh, the other thing this stupid semiannual ritual of changing the clocks fucks up is the timing for my scheduled posts. For example, my FOWC with Fandango prompt is scheduled to post at one minute past midnight Pacific Time tonight. And my response to Jim Adams’ Song Lyric Sunday prompt is scheduled to post at 3:00 am tomorrow morning. But it seems that every year, WordPress somehow manages to screw that up. So my FOWC with Fandango prompt will like be posted either tonight at 11:01 pm tonight or tomorrow at 1:01 am. And my Song Lyric Sunday post will be published at either 2:00 am or 4:00 am tomorrow.

Well, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it, either way. Hell, maybe WordPress will get it right and the posts will actually be published at 12:01 am and 3:00 am, respectively, when I want them to be. But, whatever will be will be. Que será, será.

Written for Linda G. Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. Linda give us “day/week/month/year,” and asks us to use one, use them all, use them any way we’d like I our posts.

17 thoughts on “SoCS — Que Será, Será

1. Paula Light March 13, 2021 / 6:18 am

Yep, I see the time on my scheduled posts has been magically changed. Another annoy!

• Fandango March 13, 2021 / 10:39 am

All of my future FOWC with Fandango posts after tonight’s midnight post are now scheduled for 1:01 am. Now I have to go back and adjust each one. Grrr.

• Fandango March 13, 2021 / 11:21 am

They go forward here in the States tomorrow morning at 2 am.

• pensitivity101 March 13, 2021 / 11:45 am

It’s the 28th here. Tomorrow is Mothering Sunday here in the UK, though elsewhere it won’t be until May.

2. J-Dub March 13, 2021 / 12:57 pm

Great post but boo to spring ahead time change. Actually not too terrible but I just wish we’d pick one and keep it.

• Fandango March 13, 2021 / 1:44 pm

Yes, I personally don’t care if it’s standard time or saving time. Just go with one and stick with it.

3. abigfatcanofworms March 13, 2021 / 2:01 pm

Ah well. If that’s the worst thing in your week, you’re doing okay. I must admit, your closing line just brought to mind that scene from “Life of Brian” when there’s a bunch of guys being crucified and they’re singing “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”.

4. Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2021 / 5:37 pm

You know? I’m really weary with our endless battle of dealing with WordPress. I keep trying to use the “new format” and it’s okay, as long as I don’t try to do any of the more complicated things they say you can do … and I use no more than ONE picture at a time. So basically, I can write, but photographs? Not really. AND you have to download all the pictures before you load them into your post of they won’t load at all. They will not recognize the size of the photograph if you download it from a batch of photographs. AND you can’t resize anything properly. Overall, it really isn’t better. The text looks nice — as long as you don’t try to do anything more than make it bigger or smaller, bold or italic. Which you could do in the old format. It looks prettier in the new format because now you can use colored backgrounds, but most of the things they promise are very hard to do and oh my, what a godawful mess if you try to change them.

Editability? So much worse than it was and transforming an older piece to a “block” format? Ye gods, it’s so bad.

I’m still at a loss to figure out what I’m going to do as this evolves. I see no evidence of them fixing any of the bugs or making graphics easier to use. So many of us ARE photographers AND writers — it’s like cutting off half their content providers and from what I understand, it’s no better even if you spend a lot more money to get their “business” plan. Same structure, same bugs.

5. leigha66 March 16, 2021 / 10:57 pm

I already have fatigue with my fibro… the time change really messes with me. I hate losing one hour of sleep!