Share Your World — It’s My Party

Melanie is back with her Share Your World prompt and she’s asked some interesting questions today. Let’s she what she wants us to share this week.

If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be for? (Covid considerations are suspended for this question.)

The landscaping and hardscaping in our backyard is almost finished, so once it’s all done, I’d want to invite our family, friends, and neighbors over for a backyard cookout.

Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.

The depends upon the prompt. Some are limited to just 100 words. Some up to 200 words. A few allow up to 300 words. But none, as far as I know, are worth a thousand words.

Where IS Waldo?

Poor, misguided Waldo. Waldo was identified as a participant in the January 6th siege of the U.S. Capitol building by fanatic Trump supporters in their effort to stop the official certification of Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 presidential election. Since being identified by the FBI as one of those who breached the building, Waldo has gone into hiding at an undisclosed location. There is a worldwide manhunt going on to try to locate him and bring him to justice. The FBI is asking for our help and has posted a Twitter message with the hashtag #Where’sWaldo. A significant reward is being offered to the person or persons who can assist the FBI in locating where Waldo is.

What’s the best part of waking up?

I’m tempted to say “Folgers in your cup,” but have you ever actually tried to drink Folger’s coffee. Yuck.Instead I’m going with the first pee right after you get out of bed. Oh what a relief it is.

Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales?

Okay, truth be told, I’m a rather hairy guy. Almost Neanderthal-like. And since I’m pretty much already covered in fur, fur it is and fur it must be.

17 thoughts on “Share Your World — It’s My Party

1. newepicauthor March 8, 2021 / 3:41 pm

I would have done this prompt today if I didn’t spend so much time trying to figure out my taxes, but I like your answers.

2. amoralegria March 8, 2021 / 4:21 pm

Your answer for Where’s Waldo was really great! And I agree with you about Folger’s – yecch!

• Fandango March 8, 2021 / 9:46 pm

Thanks! Yeah, Folgers is certainly not the best part of waking up.

3. Mister Bump UK March 8, 2021 / 11:48 pm

Ah now that last one is interesting. I have definitely become less fuzzy with age (leg hair etc.) and just assumed that this applied to everybody.

4. Melanie B Cee March 9, 2021 / 11:46 am

Thanks, Fandango for Sharing Your World and passing on that vital information about Waldo. I’d heard he was spotted hanging out with Bernie Sanders…? This seems to contradict his right-leaning tendencies, but who knows? The guy IS elusive!! LOL Hubby bought Folgers for years before he tasted a gourmet (and pricey) coffee he liked a whole lot more. To me? Unless he left it on the burner too long, it tasted (to me) pretty much like any other coffee. ‘Course one had to choose just the right blend….some of them? You’re right. BLECH. I hope the BBQ is able to go forth and be a great party!

• Fandango March 9, 2021 / 10:51 pm

Thanks, Melanie. Maybe, before the summer is out and once everyone is vaccinated, I’ll be able to host that barbecue.

5. leigha66 March 13, 2021 / 5:47 pm

My dad used to drink Folger’s all the time… I dislike it. I think coffee roasting has become more of an art and developed more sensitive tastes for the magical bean juice!