AtoZ 2021 Theme Reveal

In a few weeks I will be commencing my fourth AtoZ Challenge. This is an annual blogging event that occurs each year during the month of April. April has 30 days. Four days in April are Sundays. The English alphabet has 26 letters. Conveniently, if you exclude Sundays, April has 26 days.

Okay, now that we’ve gotten the math out of the way, the idea behind the April AtoZ Challenge is to post every day during the month for this challenge (except for the four Sundays) leveraging the alphabet. So on April 1st, the post should incorporate the letter A. On April 2nd, the letter B, and so on until April 30th, when the post should focus on the letter Z. Get it? Got it. Good.

The purpose of this post is to reveal my theme for your AtoZ Challenge this year. FYI, there are a number of preset categories (or themes) for this challenge that are available when you sign up, which you can do by clicking here. You can choose any theme you’d like, or if you’re like me and don’t want to get pigeonholed into a particular category for your posts because you’re spontaneous and don’t know what the hell you will be posting for this challenge until that same day, you can, as I did, choose “Other and Miscellaneous.” So, in essence, my theme/category is “this, that, and the other.”

Anyway, I encourage you to consider participating in this month-long, alphabetized challenge. It’s fun and, in case you’re going through a case of writer’s block, it gives you something to write about. Just be sure to practice your alphabet and remember to not post for this challenge on Sundays in April.

28 thoughts on “AtoZ 2021 Theme Reveal

1. newepicauthor March 8, 2021 / 3:33 pm

I am seeing a repeating theme of “this, that, and the other”, as it keeps popping up out of nowhere, but it mixt come something, thus I went to Merriam-Webster and found out that it means “several different things’, wtf are they shitting me, it is almost like a tease. Not being satisfied, I went to Collins Dictionary and saw “If you say that you are doing or talking about ‘this and that, or this, that, and the other’, you mean that you are doing or talking about a variety of things that you do not want to specify. So now I am think that this is all about specification, so what were we just talking about, oh I know, it was this, that, and the other.

2. Iain Kelly March 9, 2021 / 12:59 am

Good luck, I’m joining in for the first time in a couple of years – see you there! 🙂

3. Deborah Weber March 9, 2021 / 12:59 pm

Sounds like a perfect theme – I’m all for going with the inspiration. I’m looking forward to your posts.

• Fandango March 9, 2021 / 10:52 pm

Thanks Deborah. Are you going to be doing it, too?

• Deborah Weber March 10, 2021 / 6:53 am

I am. I’m going to blog about obscure and unusual words that delight me. Here’s to a fun April!

4. leigha66 March 13, 2021 / 5:00 pm

I’ve got two weeks to get caught up so I can do this… wish me luck!

5. Pradeep March 22, 2021 / 10:36 am

Looking forward to your post .. I am yet to select a theme … Maybe I will come with one!

6. drtanya@saltedcaramel March 24, 2021 / 12:30 am

I intend taking up this challenge too.

Will you be doing your regular prompts in addition to the A to Z in April?