He’s Never Going Away

Donald Trump will be making his big return to the national stage this weekend at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). He will be giving the keynote speech at the conservative conference on Sunday and is expected to declare himself the “presumptive Republican presidential nominee” for 2024.

Trump’s former White House Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows, pictured above with his hero, Donald Trump, is a staunch supporter of the ex-president, and he is very enthusiastic about his former boss’ return to the spotlight. Meadows said that, “You’re going to see a speech on Sunday that talks about not only the beginning, but what the future may look like, and I’m excited about it.”

Unfortunately, Meadows is in the company of many Republican Trump supporters who want to return to what they consider to be America’s halcyon days of 2017, when Trump was in the White House and the GOP controlled both the Senate and the House. They don’t realize that they are like lambs being led to the slaughterhouse, blindly and naively following the ultimate poster boy for autocratic leadership and the demise of democracy in America.

But scariest of all, Meadows added, “What we will see on Sunday is the start of planning for the next administration. And I can tell you, the people that are at the top of that list, all of them have Trump as their last name.”

I’m not a religious person, but all I can say is “God help us.”

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One- Word Challenge (staunch), Your Daily Word Prompt (enthusiastic), The Daily Spur (company), Word of the Day Challenge (halcyon), Ragtag Daily Prompt (lamb), and MMA Storytime (poster).

35 thoughts on “He’s Never Going Away

1. Melanie B Cee February 26, 2021 / 9:51 am

Mebbe not, but at least he’s not ‘in charge’ any more. That? Gives me great relief!

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 2:22 pm

As far as the Republicans are concerned, he’s still in charge of their Party.

2. slmret February 26, 2021 / 9:53 am

He’s likely not to go away while he’s being taken to court in New York over financial dealings — and he can’t wing the election on a platform of “poor me”!

3. rugby843 February 26, 2021 / 10:20 am

Did you read yesterday that McConnell is backing him for 2024?  Talk about a two faced over the hill piece of crap—he needs to be gone!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 2:25 pm

McConnell says one thing one day and the opposite thing the next day. He is a piece of shit.

4. JT Twissel February 26, 2021 / 10:31 am

I just hope none of the major channels pick up these speech. Is it too early in the season for a hurricane?

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 2:27 pm

I’m sure Fox News will show it live. 🤦🏼‍♂️

5. newepicauthor February 26, 2021 / 10:50 am

This is likely to be the largest group of ass kissers ever assembled on the planet.

6. rugby843 February 26, 2021 / 11:39 am

I wonder how much “donation” he gave CPAC to let him on the air

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 2:35 pm

One can only hope. Maybe he’ll choke on a KFC chicken bone.

7. lindakempwriter February 26, 2021 / 1:52 pm

You know, I’ve really been enjoying not hearing about Trump or US politics, in Australian news. It’s like it should be: we know you’re there, we know you’ve got a president, but his voice isn’t reaching us over here. Unless there’s some kind of global crisis, that’s how I figure it should be. I admit though to not knowing a single thing about politics, so I could be way off the mark.
    But I figured Trump was not going to go quietly, still be lurking and generally toying with US citizens. I hope that god—in whatever form he/she/it takes—will help you all. 🙂

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 2:39 pm

I think we could use some divine intervention.

8. Marleen February 26, 2021 / 3:48 pm

Trump said he wouldn’t participate in CPAC unless Pence was not invited/there. Meanwhile, their theme (like for a school dance) is anti-cancel-culture — never knowing real meaning. But they’ve got a golden Trump statue/idol on site, so they’re set.

• Fandango February 26, 2021 / 7:23 pm

Yeah I saw that and people all over the internet are drawing analogies between the Trump statue and the golden calf form the Exodus.

9. XingfuMama February 26, 2021 / 5:04 pm

He has to run so he can gouge his “base” to pay for his legal fees and fines and pay back his loans.

10. pendantry February 27, 2021 / 7:08 am

He will be giving the keynote speech…

A speech to miss. I very much doubt it will have anything like the everlasting appeal of his “Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV” offering.

11. darthtimon March 1, 2021 / 9:12 am

He had his chance and proved to be the worst president in living memory. How Republicans can continue to support him is absolutely staggering.

• Fandango March 1, 2021 / 10:13 am

I honestly can’t fathom their loyalty to and support for him.

12. leigha66 March 1, 2021 / 11:36 pm

I avoided the news this weekend… aside from the golden statue I didn’t hear much. I hope he got booed off stage.

Comments are closed.