A Month of Love #22

Paula Light says, “Let’s celebrate the month of lurve (aka love) by posting one thing we love every day throughout February.

Now the truth is that I’m not really a romantic guy, so I might be hard pressed to come up with 28 objects of love, but I think I should be able to come up with 28 things I like a lot.

I was raised in Maryland and one of the best aspects of living in Maryland was the Chesapeake Bay. And one of the best things about the Chesapeake Bay was blue crabs. Now, living in Northern California, I can get dungeness crabs, and I can get Alaskan king crab legs, but there are no Chesapeake blue crabs around this area. Fortunately, I did find a website that will delivery blue crabs from Maryland to virtually anywhere in the country overnight, but it’s very expensive, so I only do that maybe once or twice a year for special occasions. Because I love blue crabs.

11 thoughts on “A Month of Love #22

1. Paula Light February 22, 2021 / 11:29 am

I also love crab! I received an alert that you linked to me, but this post didn’t show up in my app reader. When I clicked the link instead, it opened in a new window where I wasn’t allowed to like it. So I had to search for you in the app and pull up your whole blog. Thanks, unhappiness engineers!

2. slmret February 22, 2021 / 12:32 pm

If you have King’s Fish House restaurant in your area, they have blue crab on the menu when it’s in season (a short season, I think). It’s worth looking for — blue crab is yummy!

• Fandango February 22, 2021 / 3:23 pm

There is a King’s Fish House in San Jose, which is not too far away, but I didn’t see blue crab on the online menu. Maybe it’s too early and the blue crab season hasn’t started yet.

• slmret February 22, 2021 / 4:51 pm

That’s very possible — I seem to remember the season being in May/June timeframe, but don’t rely on that! Unfortunately I cannot eat blue crab any longer, so I haven’t kept track as I once might have done!

3. Marleen February 23, 2021 / 11:12 am

Of course! You couldn’t miss including blue crab.

• Fandango February 23, 2021 / 10:53 pm

Of course not!

4. leigha66 February 24, 2021 / 8:06 pm

I am not an expert on the differences in crabs… do they taste quite a bit different?

• Fandango February 24, 2021 / 9:44 pm

Very different. Blue crabs are the tastiest, at least in my opinion.

Comments are closed.