So Rory, over at A Guy Called Bloke, periodically posts a series of silly and/or intriguing random questions and I’m going to respond to two such series of questions in this post. Because why not?
The first set of questions were posed on February 11th and came from what he called “Season 4 — Game 2.”
1. Favorite pizza topping?
Mushrooms and Pepperoni.
2. What do you do too much and too little of today?
Today? I guess responding to Rory’s Fun Questions posts and not spending enough time writing my own posts.
3. Do you live by the 2 second rule when it comes to dropped food on the floor? [As in if food drops to the floor do you eat it or bin it?]
I actually answered this in my response to Melanie’s Share Your World post today, only she referred to it as the 5 second rule. So if you really want to know my answer, go read it here.
4. Have you ever fooled around with electric wires and tripped you as in received a shock if yes, what were you doing?
Yes, I used to rewire antique light fixtures as a bit of a hobby when we owned a 120-year-old Victorian house back east. I’d buy the old light fixtures on eBay, but many required rewiring, so even though I’m not an electrician, I would do that. And on several occasions, when I connected the light fixtures to the receptacle in the ceiling and had my wife flick the switch, I got a bit of a shock because I had screwed up the wiring.
5. Are you a plate licker?
Not since I was about five years old.
6. What time do you normally retire to bed for the night, or try to anyway?
I generally get in bed at around 10 or 10:30, but then I spend an hour or so catching up on posts that showed up in my WordPress Reader that I hadn’t gotten a chance to read during the day.
7. How many blue elephants would it take to change a red lightbulb in the green toilet?
I’d be tickled pink to give you an answer, but I’ve never seen a blue elephant nor a green toilet. But I did see a lot of red light bulbs when my wife and I went to Amsterdam on our honeymoon. But I was on my honeymoon, for crissake, so all I could do was look.
I responded to Rory’s February 17th Season 4 — Game 3 questions here. So let me move on to his most recent set of questions in Season 4 — Game 4.
1. Are you happy with all your body parts?
Well, given my advanced age, I suppose, for the most part, I am. I do wish I could hear again out of my left ear, and that I could taste food again, and that my eyesight was better, and that I could do some of the things I could do as a younger man. But hey, I’m alive and, overall, I’m in good health and decent shape, so far be it from me to complain.
2. What is the worst song ever?
3. What’s the strangest culinary thing you have ever done with a bowl of fruit?
Um, I don’t think I’ve ever done anything strange with a bowl of fruit. But it’s something to consider. I might have to put that on my bucket list.
4. What’s the sauciest/naughtiest thing you have ever done with whipped cream?
Please refer to my answer to number 6 and use your imagination.
5. Okay, you have been tasked with inviting 7 famous yet dead people to your dinner party – who is on your list and more importantly why those 7?
Famous “yet dead” people. I guess my answers must exclude famous people who were once dead but are no longer dead. Okay, in no particular order
- J.R.R. Tolkien — I’d just like to have him tell me about how he conjured up the Middle Earth and all who inhabited it.
- Isaac Asimov — One of my favorite science fiction writers.
- My father — He wasn’t famous (except, perhaps to me), but I’d love to ask him questions about his life that I was too self-obsessed to ask him when he was still alive.
- John Lennon — What a talented singer and song writer.
- Sean Connery — One of my favorite actors. I’d just want to talk to him to hear his voice.
- Jesus Christ — I know this is surprising coming from an atheist like me, but I’d love to get him to tell me, once and for all, if he was a mere mortal or was actually the son of God, who I don’t believe exists. That would be one hell of a conversation, right?
- Charles Darwin — I’d like to ask him his take on those who poo-poo his theory of evolution with stupid statements like, “How can we have evolved from monkeys when monkeys still exist?
6. What goes up but never down until it stops?
Please refer to my answer to number 4 and use your imagination.
7. If I have a head, a foot and four legs what am I?
The only thing I can thing of is a bed.