Drawing a Blank

Fizgig? What kind of word is that?” Dango asked. “It sounds like one of those words that those folks at Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie would use for their ‘Making Sense of Nonsense’ prompts.”

“Actually,” Melanie said, “it’s a superior word and I’m happiest when I can come up with these arcane words that send people to their dictionaries in order to figure out what they mean.”

“Well, I Googled ‘fizgig’ and this is what I got. Seriously, Melanie, what am I supposed to do with that, whatever the hell it is? Honestly, I can’t figure out how to wangle that crazy word into a coherent post,” Dango admitted. “I’m coming up empty and I’m going to have to sit this one out, I’m afraid.”

“Oh come on, Dango,” Melanie said, “Are you really going to sit on the bench for this one?”

“I think I am, Melanie,” Dango said. “I hate to admit it, but I’m drawing a blank.”

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (fizgig), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (superior), The Daily Spur (happiest), Your Daily Word Prompt (wangle), Ragtag Daily Prompt (bench), and MMA Storytime (blank).

16 thoughts on “Drawing a Blank

1. cagedunn February 19, 2021 / 4:06 pm

Well done! Loved this little play on personalities and perceptions.

• newepicauthor February 20, 2021 / 5:34 am

It was this girl blogger and I can’t remember her name, although she was quite funny, and I picked up on it.

• Fandango February 19, 2021 / 11:21 pm

Thanks, Lorraine. I think fellow blogger Jim Adams started calling me that.

2. Melanie B Cee February 20, 2021 / 7:57 am

Melanie said “I’m sorry “Dango” that I stumped your effortless blogging and superb writing with my little word. But that word was bugging me because it hadn’t been used since George Washington crossed the Delaware and found one of the fizgigs on the other side! He reported a silly girl standing on a swing and showing her unmentionables to the troops (an effort to raise spirits, an early USO sort of idea I think), not a tribble who took some crack apparently O_o ((I don’t know what that thing is either, but I say keep it away from me. It looks like it bites…)) My abject apologies for the faux pas. I’ll try to find some less interpretive words next time! Mea culpa! 😉
    Dango: “Dang girl. You simply CAN’T write a short comment, can you?” ☺

• Fandango February 20, 2021 / 10:05 pm

😂 Sorry, Melanie, but “fizgig?” Yikes!

3. leigha66 February 22, 2021 / 11:29 pm

I loved the way you dealt with this difficult word and all the other prompts!