Share Your World — I Have Questions…and Answers

Share Your WorldMelanie has graced us today with another one of her Share Your World prompts, where she asks us a series of question and wants us to share our answers with her and her readers. So here we go.

Do you feel you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

That depends. If I’m not that familiar with the subject matter at hand, I will ask questions, particularly if the person I’m asking the questions to is very knowledgeable on the topic. But if I’m speaking with someone who I know knows less than I do, or is a bullshit artist, I don’t ask many questions because I know that I know more than that other person.

When did you fail to speak up when you feel you should have?

It’s not that I fail to speak when I know that I should have, as much as it is that I may fail to speak when I know that it won’t make any difference. For example, if I’m engaged in a conversation with a staunch Trump supporter, where logic and facts hold no sway, what is the point of speaking up?

When was the last time you felt lucky?

When we put our house in San Francisco on the market right as the COVID-19 pandemic struck and I was afraid that the housing market was going to collapse and I’d be stuck with two houses — the one we bought and moved into and he one we were trying to sell — for a lengthy period of time. But lo and behold, we got an offer on our San Francisco house within 10 days of putting it on the market, despite the lockdown, and it was significantly above asking price. I really felt lucky.

What is a boulder?

Is this a trick question? A boulder is a large smooth mass of rock detached from its place of origin.It’s also the name of a beautiful city in Colorado, home to the University of Colorado.

7 thoughts on “Share Your World — I Have Questions…and Answers

1. Sadje February 15, 2021 / 7:18 pm

I agree with your answer about staying quiet when people are not willing to listen

2. amoralegria February 15, 2021 / 9:17 pm

I sometimes have to be restrained from getting into an argument with ignorant people who act like they know it all when they get all their news from Fox, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, etc. It doesn’t do any good to get into an argument with them, but I just get so MAD!!

The photo of Boulder looks quite old – probably from about the time I went to visit my brother at the University during spring break of his freshman year, my senior year of high school!

3. Fandango February 15, 2021 / 10:42 pm

It’s a waste of time to argue with Trump supporters.

Yes, that is an old photo. I don’t think that “Welcome to Boulder” sign is there anymore.

4. Melanie B Cee February 16, 2021 / 9:15 am

Thank you Fandango for Sharing Your World! It’s useless to argue with someone who is firmly entrenched in their belief, however dim-witted that belief proves to be. There was an old ‘saw’ that went something like all arguing with a pig does is frustrate you and infuriate the pig. True? Maybe. A very sensible answer to “boulder”, in fact, you’re one of the first to ‘get’ the science part of that which is what I meant. Other answers have been erhum INTERESTING, to say the least ☺

5. leigha66 February 19, 2021 / 10:45 pm

I may not ask question directly at the time, but I do a lot of Google research if I need to know about something. Before Covid I would occasionally check out books through the local library too.

6. Carol anne March 10, 2021 / 7:19 pm

I am glad your house sold so quickly! I would like to visit boulder when I visit colorado!