A Shot in the Arm

I got the COVID-19 vaccination on Thursday, the first of two shots. I have to admit that I’m experiencing some worrisome side effects:

• Vertigo
  • Ringing in the ears
  • Loss of taste
  • Loss of hearing
  • Loss of hair

Oh wait. I had all of that before I got vaccinated. Sorry about that.

What I am experiencing post vaccination is a slight soreness in the arm where I got the injection. Otherwise, I’m good to go and very happy to have finally received that shot in the arm.

31 thoughts on “A Shot in the Arm

1. newepicauthor February 6, 2021 / 3:29 pm

I just got a notice that they will be giving out Covid vaccines right in my neighborhood and on Tuesday they will give me an appointment to come in on either Thursday or Friday next week.

2. wideeyedwanderingspoonie February 6, 2021 / 3:55 pm

ha ha ha! Shot in the arm. Well at least it wasn’t elsewhere. Superhubs got his a couple weeks ago, pretty much same story. I am on the waiting list. πŸ™‚

3. joseph elon lillie February 6, 2021 / 5:52 pm

We are still having trouble getting my mother registered for her vaccination here on the East Coast. One lady we know stayed up until midnight when the appointments turned so she could be the first in line for the new appointment. Another lady took her Mom across the state to get her shot.

4. Brendan Birth February 6, 2021 / 6:55 pm

Yay! Also, it sounds like the side effect is the same side effect that you get after a lot of vaccines in general (arm soreness).

5. margaret21 February 7, 2021 / 1:21 am

Excellent. We were both fluey for a day after ours, but a small price to pay.

6. CARAMEL February 7, 2021 / 2:10 am

A couple of my colleagues said they had an achy arm after their jabs. I did not notice that. I felt fine afterwards.
    I was given the Pfizer jab.

7. Melanie B Cee February 7, 2021 / 10:13 am

Good! I’m glad they’ve got things organized in your area Fandango. Now could you notify someone in charge and get them to do the same for Massachusetts? Gary and Marilyn could use a shot and apparently are having a horrible time even finding a clinic that has any. O_o Me? I’m not going to worry about it for a long time (unless THEY contact me). I’m still too ‘young’ (feh) to be of concern, even with my diabetes. And no, I’m never going to complain about it either.

• Fandango February 7, 2021 / 11:00 pm

I’m surprised that things are so effed-up in Massachusetts when it comes to the vaccines.

8. Astrid February 7, 2021 / 2:36 pm

Congrats! I got mine on Thursday too and the arm soreness wasn’t as bad for me as it had been with the flu shot last fall.

9. leigha66 February 10, 2021 / 7:20 pm

I just heard Iowa is the worst state with getting the vaccine to people… Hurray, another #1 for the state makes me so proud. *cough *choke *sputter Glad California is on top of things.

10. Carol anne March 1, 2021 / 10:04 am