Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as host for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Today is Di’s turn to host and here are her questions.
1. What are florins, tanners, and bobs?
They are the nextdoor neighbors of wynkin, blynkin, and nod.
2. What is Dead Man’s Fingers?
First of all, Di, mind your grammar. The question should be “What are Dead Man’s Fingers?” Now that we have that out of the way, they are old, stale Lady Fingers that have turned bluish-black.
3. What killed the Triffids?
They ate way too many truffles.
4. What’s the difference between a buck and a quid?
A buck is a male and a quid is a female.
5. How much is an old crown worth?
That depends upon whether it’s made from gold, silver, porcelain, ceramics, zirconia, or composite.
6. What can be known as a ‘Little Gem’?
The tiny diamond in the wedding ring I gave my wife.
7. What is pearl barley?
It’s a pearl that can be found in an oyster harvested from underwater barely fields after they’ve been flooded.
8. Finish the sentence: ‘I came, I saw, I………………..’
…turned over and went to sleep.
9. Who said ‘Smile, it enhances your face value’?
My dentist, just after he gave me a quote for a full set of dentures.
10. Where on the human body is the zygomatic bone found?
Where the sun don’t shine.