Another Weekend Quickie

Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, and the King of Quickies, wants to know:

Are you more of a sarcastic or pleasant personality or alternatively a mixture of the two pending your mood of the day?

It depends upon who I’m with, what I’m doing, and what kind mood I’m in. I can definitely be either sarcastic or pleasant. Or both.

We live in a world of data, knowledge, and information – but do we always have the right sort available at the right time?

Yes, we live in a world where the volume of data and information is almost overwhelming. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always translate into knowledge. In fact, there’s so much bogus data and misinformation being promulgated these days, that real knowledge, at least among the masses, is suffering.

What are three of your favorite ‘go to’ websites [not blogs] for information or relaxation?

For information, my iPhone’s newsfeed (both Apple News and Google News) and Google. For relaxation, MobilityWare Solitaire.

How lucky are you?

On average, probably no luckier or unluckier than anyone else.

What’s the best advice you have ever received from a friend?

Don’t sweat the small stuff.

You have five minutes to pack a bag with the absolute essentials to be away for a long weekend in an unknown location … what do you pack and why?

Assuming I’ll be wearing a shirt, jeans, and shoes, a baseball cap, my Apple Watch, wedding band, and I’ll be carrying my iPhone with me, I’d pack my iPhone charger, toiletries, underwear, socks, one pair of jeans, two casual shirts, a hoody, and sweatpants to sleep in. Yep, that should do it.

12 thoughts on “Another Weekend Quickie

1. Marleen January 23, 2021 / 8:11 pm

I have a question concerning mobilityWare games/apps. I have two concerns about online games. One is that I’m a little worried I’ll get charged for something in-game, without knowing it. The other has to do with the fact I installed a game a few minutes ago, and I got a message about privacy settings. Do you have any recommendations?

• Fandango January 23, 2021 / 10:33 pm

I know that MobilityWare’s Solitaire game is free and I’ve been playing it for years without fees or issues. As to privacy settings, I almost always opt for not sharing any of my personal data.

2. abigfatcanofworms January 23, 2021 / 9:41 pm

I am interested that you find google news useful. Mine is full of useless crap about celebrities. There are the odd useful news items but only maybe 20%. To put it in perspective… when there was that massive explosion in Beirut last year, Google news never mentioned it once. Is yours better than that?

• Fandango January 23, 2021 / 10:39 pm

You might be confusing Google News with your Android newsfeed. You have to actually install the Google News app from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Apple). And you can select the news sources you want it to feature. So, yeah, it’s better than what you’re experiencing.

3. abigfatcanofworms January 23, 2021 / 9:43 pm

Or maybe I am mixing up google news (a page perhaps?) with the feed my Android phone chooses to vomit at me.

4. aguycalledbloke January 24, 2021 / 9:52 am

Nicely answered Mr i am as lucky as lucky can be and as lucky as the other person is 🙂

Good advice from the friend and yet sometimes we don’t listen – we just have to learn.

5. leigha66 January 24, 2021 / 6:57 pm

It would probably take me five minutes just to pack all the medications that I take … LOL!