The Friday Four for January 15

Every two weeks (or what Rory calls, “a fortnight”), the mastermind behind A Guy Called Bloke poses four rather random questions in his The Friday Four prompt. Here are his four questions for this fortnight.

Do you ever simply stop and wonder ‘Where has time gone to?’ or is it something that never bothers you?

I used to wonder a lot about that, but now that I’ve gotten to the point that I have far fewer years ahead of me than I have behind me, I think it’s a kind of pointless thing to ponder.

If you had a warning label, what would yours read?

What fact amazes you every time you think of it?

That Donald Trump was elected president in the first place.

What kind of activities do you enjoy doing and what would you never do?

I’ve reached the age where my activities include mostly sedentary things like blogging, reading, watching TV, occasionally taking long walks, and eating. Some activities that I would likely never do would be sky diving or bungee jumping. I’d prefer to spend the years that I have left with as few broken bones as possible.

13 thoughts on “The Friday Four for January 15

1. abigfatcanofworms January 15, 2021 / 1:42 pm

Is the term “fortnight” not used where you come from? Just curious. It’s very common here.

• Fandango January 15, 2021 / 1:51 pm

No, it’s not at all common in the U.S. The only time I hear that word used is when I’m watching British TV shows.

• abigfatcanofworms January 15, 2021 / 1:56 pm

Ha. Interesting. I like knowing about different language evolutions.

2. Sadje January 15, 2021 / 6:46 pm

It is something that I don’t get either, why Trump was elected or why do many people support him.

• Fandango January 15, 2021 / 10:12 pm

People were gullible, willfully ignorant, and believed his lies. It also didn’t help that a lot of people didn’t particularly like Hillary Clinton, although she was eminently more qualified to be president than Trump was.

• Sadje January 15, 2021 / 11:38 pm

You’re so right that the fact that Hillary wasn’t popular and a woman to boot that didn’t help at all.

3. leigha66 January 17, 2021 / 5:26 pm

I still have moments I wonder about time flying by. Like the other day when someone pointed out those buying their first alcohol were actually born in 2000… doesn’t seem like we are 21 years past the big crisis of 1999 to 2000 when we feared all computers would shut down. Good answers Fandango!