I’m had a very tough time today coping with the direction and health of my country and the direction it’s heading in. Given the series of events over the past week, and the predictions of more violence on the part of pro-Trump fanatics to come, a feeling of woe is almost overwhelming me.But Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, came to my rescue when he posted 18 random questions. This was just what I needed — a welcome distraction if only for a few minutes. So let me sing Rory’s praises and write this post in response to his questions.
1. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a growing up?
Rocky, Bullwinkle, and Friends.
2. Have you ever had a crush on someone as an adult?
Ask me again once I become an adult.
3. Night or day time — which is best for you and why?
I sleep at night, so I’m going to go with the time of day that I’m conscious, and that’s day time.
I’ve had sex when there was deep snow outside and when there was a light frosting outside, but I was always inside at the time.
5. What are three of your weirdest quirks?
- Consuming a half pint of Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream each night.
- Obsessively reading the newsfeed on my iPhone.
- Spending at least an hour in bed going through my WordPress reader each night before I go to sleep.
6. Can you sum up your personal life for the year 2020 using only 7 words?
7. What’s the most embarrassing position you have ever been stuck in?
This is not so much a position as it is a situation.
I was an usher at an out-of-town wedding and had to get fitted for a tuxedo. All of the men in the wedding party went to the tailor together. We were in a large fitting room when the tailor instructed us to remove our trousers.
Back then I was a hippie who went commando (i.e., I didn’t wear underpants). I dropped trou and there I was with four other guys in the fitting room and I was the only one fully “exposed.”
The tailor knelt down in front of me to measure my inseam, my junk in front of his face at eye-level. Unfazed, he looked up at me with a blank expression, and politely asked, “Will you be wearing underpants at the wedding?”
8. Some words simply roll off your tongue as if they were honey, what are three of your favorite words?
These aren’t words, but they are my three favorite things to say.
- Bite me!
- What’s for dinner?
- Whatever floats your boat.
9. What sweet things do you like to consume for pleasure?
Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream.
10. Do you currently have a favorite song and if so what is it?
Right now it’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire,” by Billy Joel. Trump started the fire.
11. PJ’s, Tee shirt and shorts, Naked or Other – What is your preference?
During the day it’s jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. At night I sleep in sweat pants.
12. What is your most favored breakfast dish?
Cold cereal with raisins and sliced bananas.
13. Which color is best worn to display your passion with life?
I don’t know if it displays my passion, but I generally favor blue.
14. If you had to be soaked in a liquid that wasn’t water, what would you choose and why?
How about a tub of chocolate. That sounds like fun, right?
15. Underwear or Commando?
Underwear today, but back in the day…. Well, see my answer to question 7.
16. Which bed size do you prefer for whatever – Single, Twin, Bunks, Double, King, Queen or Other – and why?
California King. Why? Because I live in California and I’m the king of my house.
17. How quick are you to react to no warning, last minute moments?
I always try to go with the flow.
18. You have just woken up …. the first thing you do is?
Get up, walk to the bathroom, and pee.
Written for these daily prompts: The Daily Spur (coping), MMA Storytime (direction), Ragtag Daily Prompt (health), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (series), Your Daily Word Prompt (woe), Rory’s Chocolate Box, and Linda G. Hill’s Just Jot It January prompt (sing).