Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #100

Welcome to “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.” Each week I will be posting a photo I grab off the internet and challenging bloggers to write a flash fiction piece or a poem inspired by the photo. There are no style or word limits.

The image below is from artbyrandy at Morguefile.For the visually challenged writer, the photo shows an old man in a lush park setting. He has long white hair and a long white beard and is dressed in back with a guitar hanging around his neck and a bouquet of flowers in one hand.

If this week’s image inspires you and you wish to participate, please write your post, use the tag #FFFC, and link back to this post. I hope it will generate some great posts.

Thanks to all of you who have participated in these challenges. Your posts have been very creative. Please take a few minutes to read the other responses to this photo challenge.

Please create a pingback to this post or manually add your link in the comments.

37 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #100

• Fandango January 11, 2021 / 11:56 am

It’s kinda hard to believe it’s been almost two years since I started this photo challenge.

• Mason Bushell January 11, 2021 / 11:58 am

Wow thats dedication finding prompt pics for everyone for that long . You are the inspiration for a lot of writers for this and the other prompts.

• Fandango January 11, 2021 / 12:27 pm

Thanks, Mason. It’s comments like this that keep me going.

• Mason Bushell January 11, 2021 / 12:29 pm

You’re welcome. You got me going. I’d almost quit writing when I was introduced to your blog. Now I’m writing some of my best stuff. so thank you for that

1. Thotaramani January 11, 2021 / 7:34 am

#FFFC: I think the old man is waiting for his beloved Wife/ GFriend who died long years back. He doesn’t know whether she is alive or dead but with a ray of hope in his heart he is singing beautiful song and boguet in one hand.

Hope is the only light in this world when a person loses everything but a ray of hope in his mind forced him to survive. Years passed away but the man is hoping back to get his Wife/ GFriend. This is possible only if the person loves his beloved more than himself. But in today’s world people are attracted to wealth or beauty. But real love lies in real soul. That is Beautiful Soul.

• Fandango January 11, 2021 / 12:08 pm

What a sad, tragic tale. Reading it actually brought tears to my eyes.

• Fandango January 11, 2021 / 2:38 pm

That’s certainly understandable. Many of us are feeling the same way.

• Fandango January 13, 2021 / 11:05 pm

It worked, but it was slow to appear.