Truthful Tuesday — The New Year

Frank, aka PCGuy, has published another one of his Truthful Tuesday posts. This week Frank wants to know about our outlook for the new year. He’s asking us…

Now that the holidays and last year are over, are you filled with a renewed sense of hope at the coming year, or something else? Please explain.

I’m assuming that not much will change, at least through the first half of 2021. That said, I’m cautiously optimistic that, if we make it through the next 15 days — until Biden’s inauguration on January 20th — without the total collapse of democracy in the United States, there is hope for a better year.

14 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — The New Year

1. Nan Mykel January 5, 2021 / 8:36 pm

Better year? I haven’t heard the results of the Georgia run off election yet. If both Dems win, I can let myself hope, but otherwise I fear 4 years of intense frustration. At present I feel personal anguish at the necessary beginning practice of rationing lifesaving covid treatment. But I am
    grateful Nature still has the power to nourish spirits. At 85 I am thankful for my pension, family, lack of physical pain, curiosity and will strive to keep my “growing edge” alive as long as I am. Thanks fort asking.

• Fandango January 5, 2021 / 11:01 pm

As of 11 pm Pacific time, both of the Democratic candidates lead, but the margins are slim and the elections are still “too close to call.”

2. Marilyn Armstrong January 5, 2021 / 9:41 pm

We are watching comedies. DVDs. We fortunately have a LOT of DVDs and I hope we don’t run out of comedies because laughter is getting hard to find these days. So if these Georgia run offs are 50-50 again, do they have ANOTHER election????

• Marleen January 5, 2021 / 10:21 pm

I think they can do a recount or hand-count, but whoever gets the most wins.

• Marleen January 6, 2021 / 5:52 am

It is said that the rule setting up the runoff in Georgia was meant to keep black people/people of color from obtaining office. You couldn’t necessarily win by getting the most votes from the start — their step away from doing what might otherwise be straight forward being my reason for mentioning the most votes even though it seems obvious.

3. Carol anne January 6, 2021 / 9:54 pm

I am hopeful of a better year also! It has to be better than last year!

4. leigha66 January 7, 2021 / 6:58 pm

Seeing as how I am commenting a day later… the risk of losing democracy seems a lot more likely now. Yesterday was a frightening day!