Looking Back at 2020

No words are necessary to assess what an awful year 2020 was. I’m not going to waste my time — or yours — looking back at why it was such a…

• Shitshow
  • Dumpster fire
  • Clusterfuck

No, instead, as I reflect back on 2020, I’m going to focus on the few positive aspects of 2020 for me, personally.

• My wife and I moved to a new home in February
  • We sold our old home for considerably more than we were asking in mid-March, just as the stay-at-home orders were imposed. Phew. 😅
  • Our first grandchild, a boy, was born in May
  • Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were elected President and Vice President in November.
  • Our daughter-in-law found out in December that she’s pregnant and our second grandchild is on the way.
  • No one in our family, nor any of our close friends, came down with COVID-19.
  • My blog reached 4,000 followers.

On a sad note, our 15-year-old mixed Shepherd/Lab died in November.

Anyway, my friends, I’m not going to make a speech or anything, but 2020 is over and we have a brand new year to look forward to. So think positively and make the best of the new year. I mean seriously, it can’t possibly be any worse than last year.

Can it?

I did specifically write this post for Linda G. Hill’s Just Jot It January prompt, but when I saw that her word for today was “speech,” I managed to sneak that word into the last paragraph of this post.

20 thoughts on “Looking Back at 2020

1. XingfuMama January 1, 2021 / 6:45 am

I’m not normally superstitious but I’ve been assiduously avoiding saying things like “it can’t possibly be worse than 2020”. We still have armed nutter-butters being encouraged to rise up for fascism.

• Fandango January 1, 2021 / 10:39 pm

The history books should simply say: 2020 — Fuhgeddaboudit!

2. Ruth January 1, 2021 / 8:42 am

Congratulations on your new impending grandchild – what lovely news! 🙂

3. slmret January 1, 2021 / 8:47 am

I’m very optimistic as we move into 2021 — it won’t happen quickly, but there is real reason for hope for a lighter, brighter new year! Happy New Year!!!

• Fandango January 1, 2021 / 10:41 pm

Happy New Year to you as well. I’m cautiously optimistic.

4. Melanie B Cee January 1, 2021 / 9:58 am

I happen to think that if anyone looks closely enough, they can find some bright spots in 2020. Even those like myself who don’t automatically look for them. You had a very good year, all things considered and it ended with that victory that you mention, and the ousting of an evil, stupid man. That was the best bit IMHO.

5. Marilyn Armstrong January 1, 2021 / 9:03 pm

I’m amazed that we all made it through the last four years. We are all still here! And among our friends and family, no one got sick either. So let’s try and do the best we can to make this a good year. I don’t know how many more I’ve got but I want whatever there is to be the best times i can make them! Be well.

• Fandango January 1, 2021 / 11:01 pm

Thanks, Marilyn. I agree that we should try to make the most of the remaining years we old-timers have left. Be well and stay safe.

6. leigha66 January 3, 2021 / 3:29 pm

In spite of the dumpster fire of a year, you had a good one overall I would say.