Fandango’s Provocative Question #102

FPQWelcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

2020 is finally drawing to a close, something most of us are grateful for, since this year has been such a clusterf*ck. I think that many of us are looking forward to 2021 being a better year all around.

My provocative question this week, with the end of 2020 just ahead of us and as we anticipate the upcoming year, is simply this…

What do you fear the most?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

21 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #102

1. Marilyn Armstrong December 30, 2020 / 11:44 am

Tomorrow morning. I good post for New Year’s Eve. Sort of an anti-bucket list list.

• Marleen December 30, 2020 / 12:28 pm

I am curious about Mormons and “another church leader” — both of whom have impacted your prayers and fear, Melanie. For your “comments” section.

• Fandango December 30, 2020 / 1:23 pm

Dark thoughts are better than no thoughts.

• Marleen December 30, 2020 / 3:42 pm

I agree with some of your general thoughts, by the way, and this: I had a longish conversation with a sibling recently and he remarked that “This world isn’t what we thought it was, what we were taught to expect it to be..” No it isn’t. Dystopian? Describes it fairly perfectly.

2. CARAMEL December 30, 2020 / 3:22 pm

I only fear what cannot be fixed or repaired.

3. Marleen December 30, 2020 / 3:54 pm

My biggest fear(s) lead me to say I don’t recommend anyone sign up for military service. They don’t pay enough and do have so many demands on your time that there isn’t much you can do about it. My youngest son thought they were going to cover his schooling, but he has the same shitty student debt as many others. (And the work he signed up for was disbanded under Donald Trump.)

I remember learning, years ago, of banks (such as Wells Fargo) forclosing on homes and cars in the names of deployed troops (contrary to laws prohibiting such action against deployed persons/families). He hasn’t experienced anything that extreme and hasn’t been deployed, although he has been sent overseas. I mention it because most ordinary citizens don’t believe injustices happen.

4. leigha66 January 1, 2021 / 7:58 pm

My biggest fear is the transition of power will not go smoothly on the 20th or shortly there after. Besides that, I have anxiety so I suffer from daily fears, but they are a lot less intense than they used to be, a work in progress.

• Fandango January 1, 2021 / 10:59 pm

I share your concern about what will happen on or around January 20th.

Comments are closed.