Who Won the Week? 12/20/2020

FWWTWFirst, let me apologize if you received a duplicate of last week’s Who Won the Week post today. I somehow screwed up. So ignore that and let’s start over. Ready?

It’s time for another Who Won the Week prompt. The idea behind Who Won the Week is for you to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

I will be posting this prompt on Sunday mornings (my time). If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

The good news is that now there are two different COVID-19 vaccines being distributed around the nation, the one from Pfizer and the latest one from Moderna, which was approved by the FDA on Friday.

The not so good news is that it will take months, and maybe even until late 2021, before enough Americans receive the vaccinations to stem the tide on the surging virus.

The bad news is that there is still a large segment of Americans who believe that the pandemic is a hoax and that it’s some sort deep state social engineering conspiracy. There are those who still refuse to wear face masks and to maintain social distancing. There are those who are skeptical about getting the vaccinations, as well as the anti-vaxxers, who refuse to take any vaccines.

So who won the week this week? Well, I’m going with Garry Trudeau and his Doonsbury comicstrip for today. It seemed to me to be both funny and sad at the same time.

What about you? Who (or what) do you think won the week?

14 thoughts on “Who Won the Week? 12/20/2020

1. Carol anne December 20, 2020 / 12:08 pm

I’ll be first in line to get a vaccine! I dont know why so many are against it! I want to curb this virus, and its madness that some dont believe in it at all! ❤

2. RuthScribbles December 20, 2020 / 12:12 pm

Yes, that is horrid…. Did you hear about the shop owner in South Carolina that will not let customers in who are wearing a mask? This is all so unbelievable and disheartening. But it is not just in the USA. 😥

3. Mister Bump UK December 20, 2020 / 12:45 pm

I saw the two posts pop up but did not realise that one of them was a repost – memory of a goldfish!

4. annieasksyou December 20, 2020 / 5:17 pm

That’s very good—and very sad and disturbing.

I think Dr Jill Biden won the week. After being ridiculed for using the title Dr by a writer with a BA—and then having to endure the R’s right wing echo chamber and hearing her dissertation described as “garbage,” she graciously told Stephen Colbert that it was surprising and she didn’t understand the tone. She said she’s very proud of her doctorate and worked hard for it.
    No malice; no snark.

She and Pres-elect Joe have to be fuming about all they’re enduring even before the inauguration, but they were both pleasant and self-contained guests. It was all so….normal.

• Fandango December 20, 2020 / 10:59 pm

I enjoyed the interview and I thought Jill came across very well. She’ll be an excellent First Lady.

5. leigha66 December 27, 2020 / 4:03 pm

Love Garry Trudeau’s work. I agree it is both funny and sad. Will they ever learn?