A New Addition

It was an auspicious end to the week for my wife and me. Our son and his wife brought our grandson to our house on Saturday. The seven month old boy was dressed in a baby t-shirt that said “Best Big Brother Ever.”

When I saw him wearing that shirt, I looked at my son and asked, “Does that mean that a new grandchild will be added to our family next year?” With a big smile on this face, he nodded affirmatively.

I have to laud my son and his wife for their imaginative way of breaking the good news to us. The only description I can think of for our feelings was glee, and there was no way to mask our happiness and joy at the great news.

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (auspicious), MMA Storytime (week), Your Daily Word Prompt (family), Word of the Day Challenge (laud), The Daily Spur ( description), and Ragtag Daily Prompt (mask).

32 thoughts on “A New Addition

• Fandango December 15, 2020 / 4:18 pm

Hopefully it bodes well fo 2021.

1. Carol anne December 15, 2020 / 4:04 pm

this is such great news fandango! I am thrilled for you and your family! A new baby how awesome! 🦋

2. Aimee Nekoranik December 15, 2020 / 4:07 pm

That’s the best thing I’ve read or heard all day! Congratulations! Grandkids are amazing. It’s so much more being grandparents too lol. 🥳💛

3. Lisa M. Boyd December 15, 2020 / 5:36 pm

Congrats Gramps! There is no greater feeling! Pretty this sweet life can be.

4. Marleen December 15, 2020 / 7:18 pm

I really enjoyed your use of the prompt words, herein, especially “mask” — no way to mask our happiness and joy — and “laud.” But all of them; the vocabulary was fluidly put in place and demonstrated your promising future. Thank you so much for sharing this story. It really “brought home” a sense a humanity so needed right now.

• Fandango December 15, 2020 / 10:48 pm

Thank you, Marleen. It gives me hope for a better year in 2021.

5. Sadje December 15, 2020 / 7:28 pm

Congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law.

6. oneletterup December 16, 2020 / 4:29 pm

Congratulations! Any piece of good news is especially welcome in 2020. We got the news about our 4 year old grandson becoming a big-brother-to-be the night before the election. Perfect timing for a night (and the following days) of anxiety. Something precious and wonderful to look forward to.

7. chellebee53 December 16, 2020 / 6:31 pm

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the entire family!

8. leigha66 December 23, 2020 / 10:35 pm

Once again congratulations… I love the way they told you!