My Plus-One

You know, of course, how much I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts, particularly when they are fresh and hot out of the oven.

Do you remember a few years back when I looked into buying a Krispy Kreme franchise store? Unfortunately, the upfront cash figure required to buy into one was way beyond my means.

Well guess what? I was jubilant when I learned that a Krispy Kreme doughnut store is going to be opening in our town next year. And best of all, it is scheduled to open its doors on my birthday. What better present can I ask for than to be able to pick up a dozen of my beloved Krispy Kreme doughnuts on my special day?

But I have a big favor to ask of you. The folk at Krispy Kreme sent me a personal invitation to the grand opening because I had been inquiring about buying a franchise a few years back. But you know that I’m kind of a shy guy, so would you go with me to the grand opening as my plus-one. I’d really appreciate that.

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (franchise), The Daily Spur (figure), Your Daily Word Prompt (jubilant), MMA Storytime (birthday), Word of the Day Challenge (beloved), and Ragtag Daily Prompt (shy).

20 thoughts on “My Plus-One

1. Stine Writing December 10, 2020 / 3:58 pm

Awesome news! Is this totally true? I’ll come! Krispy Kreme donuts melt in your mouth. If you need a part time job you now have somewhere to go!

• Fandango December 10, 2020 / 10:45 pm

Oh, I wish it were true. The closest Krispy Kreme is around 10 miles from where I live.

2. annieasksyou December 10, 2020 / 4:47 pm

You just reminded me of a cartoon I saw this week: a man approached his co-worker with a big box holding only a single donut. He said: β€œPlease help me out here. My diet only allows me 11 donuts.”

3. relaxitsallwrite December 10, 2020 / 5:30 pm

Absolutely! I’m flattered for the invite. So, if I arrive after you and say, I’m with Fandango, they’ll know who you are, right?

4. jilldennison December 10, 2020 / 9:48 pm

If you’re buying the donuts and coffee, I will be delighted to join you!!! 🍩 β˜•

5. Reflections of an Untidy Mind December 11, 2020 / 2:35 am

We have donut days here. They are days when there are no covid cases reported in the community. I think some people have been eating a lot of donuts in celebration so a franchise would probably be pretty profitable. πŸ™‚

6. Carol anne December 20, 2020 / 1:07 pm

Mmmm! give me doughnuts and I’m gonna go! I love crispy cream doughnuts also, but unfortunately there is no crispy cream stores where I live!