I Shed a Few Tears

I’m normally not one who easily or readily shows his emotions. But I have to admit that yesterday, when Joe Biden introduced the some of the nominees for leadership positions in his new cabinet, my eyes welled up with tears. Tears of relief and tears of a restored pride in my country.

After the impertinence of Donald Trump to name relatives (e.g., his daughter and son-in-law), conservative media personalities from Fox News and other right wing “news” outlets, and Trump donors, loyalists, and ass-kissers who had no relevant experience or applicable knowledge for their roles in top cabinet-level positions, it was cathartic to see the dark clouds of the past four years being lifted and the light beginning to shine again.

Biden’s selection of a highly diverse group of men and women, all of whom have a preponderance of relevant experience and are extremely well qualified for the roles they are being asked to play in the Biden/Harris administration, gave me a sense of tranquility. I felt as if I was witnessing a rebirth of normalcy that we haven’t seen in four long years.

There is no doubt that Joe Biden and his team will have a long road to travel as they work to restore faith in the American democracy and the country’s stature both at home and around the globe. But it’s a road that more than 80 million American voters are excited to be on.

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (impertinent), The Daily Spur (dark), Ragtag Daily Prompt (preponderance), Your Daily Word Prompt (tranquil), Word of the Day Challenge (birth), and MMA Storytime (travel).

13 thoughts on “I Shed a Few Tears

1. Iain Kelly November 25, 2020 / 1:53 pm

It almost felt like a normal cabinet unveiling. So pleased the trauma is almost over and the recovery can begin.

2. XingfuMama November 25, 2020 / 2:09 pm

This is why I was so happy to have him elected. He knows what to do and who has the know how to make it happen…and he has enough self confidence to let people do their jobs instead of micro-managing.

3. annieasksyou November 25, 2020 / 7:06 pm

Great! It was—and is—indeed a delightful relief.

You did well with the prompts, as usual, though you’d probably agree that you needed no prompts for this one!

• Fandango November 25, 2020 / 7:57 pm

That is true. Fortunately, the prompt words for today fit nicely.

4. amoralegria November 25, 2020 / 9:08 pm

Did you hear Biden’s speech today? His empathy and remembering the empty chair at Thanksgiving after his son died really moved me to tears.

• Fandango November 25, 2020 / 10:29 pm

Yes, I heard what he said. Biden is the total opposite of Trump, who has no empathy whatsoever.

5. lifelessons November 26, 2020 / 7:53 am

Well done. Perfect use of the prompts..We have much to be grateful for this Thansgiving, in spite of my irreverent post.

6. lifelessons November 26, 2020 / 7:55 am

I do know how to spell Thanksgiving, but obviously, not how to type it.

7. Norbertgreth November 29, 2020 / 2:49 pm

Obama 3, the same failure Politik. The US playing Ground for Diktatures.