Share Your World — Did You Ever?

Share Your WorldIt’s once again Monday and time for Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. This week Melanie asks a series of weird, “did (or have) you ever” questions. And I must say that, given my advanced years, there are very few “did you ever” questions where my answer is “no I never.”

What is worse than a dentist with bad breath?

A proctologist with flatulence.

Have you ever been rejected by someone that you liked, or been told that you were not good enough for somebody else?

I have to admit that, back in the day, when I was a gawky, geeky, braces-wearing, pimply-faced teenager, there were a few girls who I attempted to pursue romantically, but who apparently weren’t as enamored with me as I was with them. So yeah, I experienced rejection. As to ever having been told I wasn’t good enough for someone else, no, not directly. But I suppose asking a girl for a date and having her decline my invitation is pretty much the same thing as being told that she didn’t think I was good enough for her.

Did you ever want to have toast for breakfast, only to find that all your bread was covered in green mold?

Yes, either green mold or lots of little white dots.

Did you ever sneeze so hard that your whole body hurt?

Yes, I’ve suffered from broken ribs several times, once as a result of a bad fall while skiing and once when I tripped while walking the dog, who zigged when I expected her to zag. If you’ve ever broken a rib, you know that the simple act of sneezing (or coughing or laughing) with a busted rib is excruciatingly painful. And it usually takes four to six weeks to fully recover.

Did you ever buy clothing on the internet that did not fit, but you wore them anyway, since you didn’t want to pay the $5 shipping charge to send them back?

Yes, I’ve bought clothing on the internet that did not fit as I had expected them to, but I always returned them because I am savvy enough to only buy things on the internet from vendors that offer free, no hassle returns.

Melanie has also asked us to share something that we are grateful for this November.

I am grateful that Donald Trump lost his bid to be re-elected. I’ll be even more grateful when he and his delusional GOP sycophants finally accept that he lost and we can get on with the transition of power to Joe Biden and to being trying to heal America.

11 thoughts on “Share Your World — Did You Ever?

1. relaxitsallwrite November 23, 2020 / 10:55 am

“A proctologist with flatulence.” Snort laughed at this one haha!!

2. Melanie B Cee November 23, 2020 / 12:13 pm

Thanks Fandango for some very pithy Share Your World Answers. Like “Relaxitsallwrite” up there, I snort laughed, which made Ziggy a little anxious. If the proctologist was doing his usual thing at the far end so to speak, and didn’t have his/her butt right in my face, I could forgive them. Something odd that I’ve noticed as I’ve aged is that flatulence might occur without warning and one farts (women NEVER fart btw, they FLUFF) unexpectedly and in public. I’ve been red faced several times. So I try to be understanding of the phenomenon in others…only codicil is if it’s a deadly WMD fumed one. That? I do not forgive. LOL The little white dots seem to appear on my sourdough and not on any other kind..I have to wonder if the yeast spores don’t stay active longer than they ought to? O_o

3. Marilyn Armstrong November 23, 2020 / 12:42 pm

My “return” issue has always been about packing. I’m better now at NOT throwing out the packing material until I’m sure the clothing, shoes, or device fits and/or works. I’ve had to return (for replacement) both my new Kindle (that’s a first — I’ve never had a problem with a Kindle before, other than it getting old) and two pairs of sandals I got on sale from Zappos. I was looking at my sandals and realized — after 10 years — they have torn away from the sole. Otherwise, they still look fine, but they won’t go another year. So I figure now was the time to buy sandals because at least some of them are likely to be on sale. And they were. Now that I’ve exchanged them, all is well. And my Kindle is awaiting a taping and mailing.

• Fandango November 23, 2020 / 1:02 pm

I buy my shoes from Zappos, too. Hassle-free returns are a requirement for me to do business with an online vendor.

4. Sadje November 23, 2020 / 6:51 pm

I hope that your hopes regarding Trump and Biden are fulfilled.

• Fandango November 23, 2020 / 10:04 pm

Well, things are looking up, but Trump is bound and determined, it seems, to burn down the country between now and January 20th.

• Sadje November 23, 2020 / 11:45 pm

How can he be such a fool?

• Fandango November 24, 2020 / 7:24 am

Because he only cares about one thing: Donald Trump.

5. leigha66 November 30, 2020 / 1:07 am

Nothing worse than wanting toast or a sandwich and finding moldy bread.

Comments are closed.