Sara, who blogs at Relax, It’s All Write, nominated me for the esteemed Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you so much, Sara. Mine is an award-free blog, but who doesn’t like being told they’re beautiful?
Sara asks us to write seven random facts about us and to then nominate seven other bloggers for the award. I’m happy to do the former, but I think all bloggers are beautiful, so I’m going to skip the part about nominating just seven others.
Anyway, here are seven random facts about beautiful me.
- I voted for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the presidential election.
- I have worn a full, albeit neatly trimmed, beard uninterrupted for the past 46 years. My wife and kids have never seen me without my beard.
- When I was a freshman in college I briefly held the world’s record for continuous time in a shower — 102 hours. It was for charity.
- Over my lifetime I have lived in nine states plus the District of Columbia. My wife likes to say that we don’t take vacations, we relocate.
- I retired at the end of 2016.
- At no time in my life have I not had a pet. Mostly dogs, but I’ve also had a cat, tropical fish, two rabbits, a snake, a chameleon, a hamster, and an ant farm.
- I used to be 6’1″ tall, but due to aging — and gravity — I’ve shrunk about two inches from my peak height.
Now, if any of you wish to share seven random facts about yourself, consider yourself to have been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award.