Truthful Tuesday — Post-Election

Frank, aka PCGuy, has published another one of his Truthful Tuesday posts. This week Frank wants to know how we feel in the aftermath of the U.S. presidential elections.

Have the results of the U.S. Presidential election left you feeling relieved, apprehensive, hopeful, or some other emotion?

Have you been surprised at all by the emotions and reactions of others regarding the results?

No, not really. Trump supporters probably feel today the same way that I, as someone who wanted to see Hillary Clinton win, felt after the 2016 election. And as a Biden/Harris supporter and someone who cherishes the American democracy, I can understand why so many Americans, including me, are thrilled and were dancing in the streets at the news of Trump’s defeat. Well, to be honest, since this is Truthful Tuesday, I wasn’t literally dancing in the streets. But I felt like dancing.

11 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Post-Election

1. Tina Stewart Brakebill November 10, 2020 / 11:02 am

I did literally dance in the street. I also cheered until I was hoarse and raised many a glass. Now I’m back to being stressed and anxious.

• Fandango November 10, 2020 / 2:38 pm

Yeah, me too, as Trump, Barr, and his Republican cronies are doing everything they can to subvert the results of the election. It’s going to be a bumpy road.

2. Carol anne November 10, 2020 / 11:18 am

I was so relieved to see Biden win, and I am not even living in the US! Trumps idiotic behaviour is awful to watch, he’s like a trainwreck, a disaster. xo

3. Marleen November 10, 2020 / 12:13 pm

Have the results … left you feeling relieved, apprehensive, hopeful, or some other emotion?

All of the above.

Then I looked at what some
    people are believing and spreading online.

It’s very disturbing in terms of how many are “certifiable”/evil.

4. bikerchick57 November 10, 2020 / 2:27 pm

I danced in my kitchen while making muffins, but would have danced in the street given the opportunity. I am tentatively hopeful for the future, holding my breath. If we could get the Republicans to stop being jerks and actually reach across the political aisle to help make America better for all citizens, that would be a good thing. The Democrats have the opportunity to strongly spread a message of unity, truth, acceptance, ethics and morality, government for the people, etc. – all the things that Trump and his administration rejected. They need to beat the drum loudly and consistently to silence the trolls.

• Fandango November 10, 2020 / 2:50 pm

“If we could get the Republicans to stop being jerks and actually reach across the political aisle to help make America better for all citizens, that would be a good thing.” Yes, it would, but I doubt, under Mitch McConnell’s leadership, they will.

5. Taswegian1957 November 10, 2020 / 2:56 pm

My overwhelming feeling from following it here in Australia was relief tempered with a bit of anxiety about what could happen over the next few months. Cautiously optimistic I guess.

• Fandango November 10, 2020 / 4:39 pm

I think what you’re feeling sums up how many of us here in the States are feeling.