Frank (aka PCGuy) and Di (aka Pensitivity101) alternate as host for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in your responses. Today is Di’s turn to host and here are her questions.
1. Who met for the first time at The Duck and Drake Inn in London on May 20th 1604?
Donald Duck and Daffy Duck met there for a pistol duel at dawn where the winner would earn the title of World’s Best Cartoon Duck.
2. Why was the opening of Parliament delayed from July to November the following year?
The black plague was killing most of the population of England, and even members of Parliament were not spared.
3. Who used the name John Johnson as an alias?
Don Johnson before he became famous for his role on the TV show, Miami Vice.
4. Why did the Gunpowder Plot fail?
Someone left the keg out in the rain at MacArthur Park.
5. Who designed the iconic Guy Fawkes mask?
Um, Guy Fawkes. Duh!
6. Why are the cellars of the Palace of Westminster inspected before Parliament opens?
To make sure all of the damp gunpowder kegs have been thoroughly dried before the Parliament goes into session.
7. What do Macbeth and the Gunpowder Plot have in common?
Alas, Macbeth couldn’t get the damn gunpowder stains off his hands no matter how hard he scrubbed. He was last seen roaming around the cellars of the Palace of Westminster screaming like a madman, “Out, damn spot.” It was a real tragedy.
8. Where will you find Guy Fawkes Island?
Just off the Fawkesland Islands in the South Atlantic.
9. Who was on the throne at the time of the Gunpowder Plot?
Donald Trump was sitting on his golden “throne” in his gold-plated bathroom at Trump Tower. After he lost the 2020 presidential election, his golden throne was relocated to the cellars of the Palace of Westminster where he was often heard screaming, “Out, damn mail-in ballots.” It was a real tragedy.
10. How did Guy Fawkes die?
He suffocated when he was unable to remove his Guy Fawkes mask.